Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson drivers version ?  (Read 1992 times)

fred888

• http://
Epson drivers version ?
« on: August 17, 2008, 08:23:33 am »

Hi,
The way Epson name is driver is a little bit confusing.
for the 3800 on OSX, on the US site, the current version is 3.5cE. On the EU site there is version 6.10 and now 6.11 since july 8th.

Does someone know if the drivers are different and if so, why ? which version correspond to wich one ?

I think that would be a little weird that thez develop 2 different drivers for different regions ?

colinm

Epson drivers version ?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 11:50:51 am »

The answer here is that printer manufacturers (including Epson) rarely sell exactly the same printer in multiple regions. They may start out the same printer, but different regional offices then tweak the printer with hardware or firmware changes to meet the demands, regulations, and restrictions of their region. They also tweak the drivers for the same reasons.

Foreign drivers may or may not work at any given time. Unless you have a pressing reason to use the "wrong" driver, use the driver that is correct for the region the printer is from.
Colin

Ernst Dinkla

Epson drivers version ?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 03:18:49 pm »

The answer here is that printer manufacturers (including Epson) rarely sell exactly the same printer in multiple regions. They may start out the same printer, but different regional offices then tweak the printer with hardware or firmware changes to meet the demands, regulations, and restrictions of their region. They also tweak the drivers for the same reasons.

Foreign drivers may or may not work at any given time. Unless you have a pressing reason to use the "wrong" driver, use the driver that is correct for the region the printer is from.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

One reason could be differences in the printer hardware for full page wide printing  (forgotten the right term in English) where A sizes will be preferred in Japan and Europe and other sizes in the US. As I understand it the edge sponges in printers like that are at different points on the head travel in the EU and US version.

Ernst Dinkla

Try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]

vandevanterSH

Epson drivers version ?
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 10:12:32 pm »

Hi,
The way Epson name is driver is a little bit confusing.
for the 3800 on OSX, on the US site, the current version is 3.5cE. On the EU site there is version 6.10 and now 6.11 since july 8th.

Does someone know if the drivers are different and if so, why ? which version correspond to wich one ?

I think that would be a little weird that thez develop 2 different drivers for different regions ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=215633\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The odd thing is that LR2 gives me an error message that I need to have v.3.57 which I can't find on the US site.  Should I try 6.11?

Steve

vandevanterSH

Epson drivers version ?
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 11:06:31 pm »

The odd thing is that LR2 gives me an error message that I need to have v.3.57 which I can't find on the US site.  Should I try 6.11?

Steve
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216359\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorted out the problem.  I read the "read  me".*g*

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up