Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H1D any good?  (Read 3159 times)

Rainer

• http://schoditsch.photoshelter.com
Hasselblad H1D any good?
« on: August 15, 2008, 11:29:19 am »

Hi guys,

I have a chance to buy a H1D kit (body, prismfinder, 80mm, H1D 22 Megapixel back, batteries, ...) with around 50k actuations for about EUR 4500, - (around USD 6500,-), which seems quite ok to me.

I already had a P25 on a Hassi V, but didn´t like the manual focus and wanted to switch for autofocus.

I´m aware that i have to shoot the back tethered to the Imagebank hanging around the shoulder and don´t worry about that.

What do you think about the H1D  and the price?
Can i also adapt the back to a view camera/sliding back?

Please let me know your experiences.

Thanks!

ivokwee

• http://www.fotoclublugano.com/~ivo/portfolio
Hasselblad H1D any good?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 07:35:41 pm »

I've got a H1 with Kodak 645H back (16mpx). Got it last year for 3500 euro, though without the 80mm. So your price seems great. I am really happy with it. I rebuild the batteries lately and it's doing great. So if you want an opinion of an amateur, go for it!

Rainer

• http://schoditsch.photoshelter.com
Hasselblad H1D any good?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 06:29:26 am »

No one with H1D experiences?
Thanks.

ixpressraf

Hasselblad H1D any good?
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 06:41:05 am »

No one with H1D experiences?
Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=215757\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hallo Rainer,
I have had a H1d for a very short time while i was waiting for a multishot back. It is a perfect set, same ccd as all the current 22Mp back's and it has with use of the newest flexcolor versions also one of the best noise performances. It is like a CF22 or P25 with an image bank( wich i think is one of the best inventions ever). The price is nice as you can always use that back for a future upgrade. At the moment i use my 528 very often, wich is a multishot version of that 22Mp sensor. It is very filmlike at higher iso and noise free at base iso.

JKendig

Hasselblad H1D any good?
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 05:05:04 pm »

I've got a H1 with Kodak 645H back (16mpx). Got it last year for 3500 euro, though without the 80mm. So your price seems great. I am really happy with it. I rebuild the batteries lately and it's doing great. So if you want an opinion of an amateur, go for it!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=215573\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Wait until you find one with a back that will accept CF cards. With the H1 and autofocus you are limiting yourself working tethered IMHO.

SeanFS

• http://www.seanshadbolt.co.nz
Hasselblad H1D any good?
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 08:40:37 pm »

Wait until you find one with a back that will accept CF cards. With the H1 and autofocus you are limiting yourself working tethered IMHO.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216106\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am using the 132c with V series cameras. To get the best resolution out of even the 22mp back you need to be shooting on a heavy tripod or with studio flash anyway so the image bank ceases to become an issue. I use a long cable and shoot to computer with the image bank sitting beside the computer  - in the field it is a little bit of a hassle but not much. Medium format cameras are generally not used with much speed, I have a 1dsmk3 for that.
I have been told by others who have tried different backs before purchase they went with the image bank as it kept a lot of heat away from the back resulting in cooler operation compared to some other brands and there fore less noise. I haven't seen the results but one of the reasons I haven't upgraded is I can't see much difference in colour quality ( noise just isn't an issue at 50 - 100 asa) that would justify the huge expense  in upgrade to a different back. Flexcolour is a very easy programme to use although it takes an effort to learn all the things it can do.
Just in case you  are wondering  - while the mk 3 Canon is a great camera, the files aren't close to the quality and sharpness of even the now elderly 132 even though the mp's are close. I was a little surprised in a recent studio shoot just how big the difference was. There is no substitute for no AA filter and big pixels for sharpness and colour depth.

I say buy it  - its a great price.
Pages: [1]   Go Up