Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Embedded in color  (Read 3165 times)

Andres Bonilla

Embedded in color
« on: August 14, 2008, 12:12:59 pm »

Otavalo textile sales girl, I loved the way she is embedded in color. I talked to her for a while before I snapped the photo, they usually prefer if you do not take their picture. This girl has been coming to this market since she was four.

I like the photo but I was wondering if it would benefit from a tighter crop, I like all the colors and patterns but I do not know if it is overwhelming.

LoisWakeman

Embedded in color
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 07:24:23 am »

Andres - I think you have two photos here. First, the portrait of the girl - in which case, a tighter crop all round would throw more emphasis onto her.

Second, a study in colour and repeating forms, with the girl as a secondary focal point, in which case, the crop is fine.

I love her wry expression and calm pose, into which one can read all sorts of ideas.

And I just spotted a third horizontal panoramic crop so you have the garments top and bottom, and can look past her into the rest of the market. Lots of possibilities here!

dalethorn

Embedded in color
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 08:15:57 am »

Andres - I think you have two photos here..............Lots of possibilities here!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216631\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Right on.

Andres Bonilla

Embedded in color
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 11:39:59 am »

Andres - I think you have two photos here. First, the portrait of the girl - in which case, a tighter crop all round would throw more emphasis onto her.

Second, a study in colour and repeating forms, with the girl as a secondary focal point, in which case, the crop is fine.

I love her wry expression and calm pose, into which one can read all sorts of ideas.

And I just spotted a third horizontal panoramic crop so you have the garments top and bottom, and can look past her into the rest of the market. Lots of possibilities here!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216631\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Lois, you gave me several options to treat this imege, I appreciate it!

Andres Bonilla

Embedded in color
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 11:40:28 am »

Right on.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216636\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks Dale.
Pages: [1]   Go Up