Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Detachable" rear LCD for Canon Live View!  (Read 5981 times)

AJSJones

"Detachable" rear LCD for Canon Live View!
« on: August 13, 2008, 03:03:12 pm »

(Since the other thread might not be eyecatching anymore)

I just found Digital Foci's Picture Porter.  This looks like a respectable portable storage device at a reasonable price (albeit 320x240 screen) but it does have "Video in" via the RCA that could connect to a Canon Live View "Video out" port.  This would make it a "detachable rear LCD screen" perfect for awkward setups.  This would make it a prime "convergence" candidate as I consider my upcoming purchase!

Does anyone have any experience with it as a portable storage device and can it dump directly to a portable USB drive (i.e. act as a Host, without needing a computer)?

Alternatively, does anyone know of similar devices that also have Video in?

Thanks
Andy

mrleonard

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 07:34:21 pm »

I don't understand..are you talking about the Live View function on a DSLR? What would be the point or need to have video out onto a monitor that small. Sounds like your trying to make a EVF Digital Camera out of a DSLR.
 If you can tether via USB...I'd suggest an ASUS eee pc. They are cheap mobile notebooks that could give you some other functions rather than just a monitor.They start at $300. I even run PS on mine!

AJSJones

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 08:55:40 pm »

I am looking primarily to reduce the number of devices for foreign air travel, even to the point of avoiding a PC or Mac, but just using a portable storage device like the Giga Vue, Epson Px000 series etc or this device.  It occurred to me while looking, that one with video in would let me see the picture that would be on the back of the camera when I couldn't get my eye to the VF or see the LCD on the camera (some awkward places in tight corners where the camera goes but not my head as well, or for macro etc)  I'm happy to use the optical VF when I can get my eye to it, or the LCD on the camera if I can see it, but with this device, there are more photos I can get - and if I already have it with me as photo storage, it's some kind of device convergence   This also has a MP3 player and FM radio etc

jmboss

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 09:50:18 pm »

How about the "Brightscreen® portable LCD Viewer™ features a current 7 inch screen design complete with a flexible heavy duty gooseneck, heavy duty tripod mounting bracket, AC power and twin video in cable connections. The viewer easily rotates from vertical to horizontal, (portrait to landscape) tilts and pivots 360 degrees in any direction. An optional rechargeable battery pack is also now available"

[attachment=7915:attachment]

This item can be found at:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.YOUR-KYBTG65GXE.001\Desktop\My Documents 2008\Architectural Photography 5\LCD Viewer™ [Brightscreen® LCD Viewer™] - $399_96  Brightscreen!, 27 years producing the best, and still going strong.mht

This item might work better for you.

Joe Bossuyt
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 09:51:31 pm by jmboss »

AJSJones

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 10:09:43 pm »

How about the "Brightscreen® portable LCD Viewer™ features a current 7 inch screen design complete with a flexible heavy duty gooseneck, heavy duty tripod mounting bracket, AC power and twin video in cable connections. The viewer easily rotates from vertical to horizontal, (portrait to landscape) tilts and pivots 360 degrees in any direction. An optional rechargeable battery pack is also now available"

[attachment=7915:attachment]

This item can be found at:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.YOUR-KYBTG65GXE.001\Desktop\My Documents 2008\Architectural Photography 5\LCD Viewer™ [Brightscreen® LCD Viewer™] - $399_96  Brightscreen!, 27 years producing the best, and still going strong.mht

This item might work better for you.

Joe Bossuyt
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214923\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I must  not be getting my point across  

Nice looking screen but does it have a CF card reader and HD for storage of photos? - that's the # 1 requirement!  The one I asked about does, as well as video in and is 5" x 3" x 1" - very portable
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 10:10:19 pm by AJSJones »
Pages: [1]   Go Up