Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS 3 slowwww on a macbook  (Read 3091 times)

woof75

CS 3 slowwww on a macbook
« on: August 13, 2008, 08:54:51 am »

I recently upgraded to CS 3 for my macbook (intel dual 2ghz, 4gb ram) and all was good until about 2 days ago, it just slowed right down, the rest of the system is great but when I open CS 3 it slows everything down. Any ideas?

francois

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 10:23:59 am »

I recently upgraded to CS 3 for my macbook (intel dual 2ghz, 4gb ram) and all was good until about 2 days ago, it just slowed right down, the rest of the system is great but when I open CS 3 it slows everything down. Any ideas?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214751\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
No idea but try to see if any application (hidden or not) is stealing CPU cycles. You could also check if there's any memory paging. Other things to try: delete Photoshop preferences, use another user account and see if Photoshop is still slow, test your hard drive and make sure you have enough free space on it.
Francois

woof75

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 10:33:06 am »

No idea but try to see if any application (hidden or not) is stealing CPU cycles. You could also check if there's any memory paging. Other things to try: delete Photoshop preferences, use another user account and see if Photoshop is still slow, test your hard drive and make sure you have enough free space on it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214778\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I got 33 Gig free. I don't think any other app is stealing CPU cycles as I haven't changed anything since it started running slowly. I'll try the user account thing.

francois

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 11:01:47 am »

I got 33 Gig free. I don't think any other app is stealing CPU cycles as I haven't changed anything since it started running slowly. I'll try the user account thing.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214780\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Also, try deleting Photoshop preferences. Use the Activity Monitor application to check for other process that could steal cpu cycles (enven if you think that nothing has changed).
Francois

woof75

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 11:31:30 am »

Also, try deleting Photoshop preferences. Use the Activity Monitor application to check for other process that could steal cpu cycles (enven if you think that nothing has changed).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214785\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I deleted photoshop preffs and that didn't make any difference and activity monitor says ps is using 564 mb and safari is using 271mb, besides that nothing really.

francois

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 04:35:40 am »

I deleted photoshop preffs and that didn't make any difference and activity monitor says ps is using 564 mb and safari is using 271mb, besides that nothing really.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214791\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Other things to consider: is there any network activity (involving Photoshop) that could slow your Mac down? Very unlikely but just to be sure, does Photoshop run as an Intel application?
You could also try to empty all caches using applications like Onyx. Sometimes, weird issues are linked to fonts, did you install fonts (or applications that install fonts like MS Office).

I'm sorry to say that I'm running out of suggestions. Try to call Adobe support or post in Adobe user to user forum.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 04:41:17 am by francois »
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up