Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MBP and External Monitor oversaturation  (Read 1464 times)

paulandrew

• http://www.paulandrewphoto.com
MBP and External Monitor oversaturation
« on: August 12, 2008, 12:12:24 pm »

I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem and what you're doing about it:
I have a 17"  2.33 GHz Core Duo MBP with 3 Gb ram. When I connect my 23 Cinema Display and run in dual screen mode, I find that the 23" monitor's yellows and oranges are way oversaturated compared to the MBP. Both monitors are calibrated with a Spyder Pro colorimeter and ColorEyes Pro.

Caveats: I know about using the colorsynch utility to make the Cinema Display my primary monitor, but this doesn't help resolve the problem. (I had a similar problem when I used Aperture that was resolved by this fix).

So, anyone else see this behavior?
If so, what are you doing?

-paul
Paul Andrew Nakroshis
www.paulandrewphot

Daianto

MBP and External Monitor oversaturation
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 04:07:59 pm »

So, anyone else see this behavior?
If so, what are you doing?

-paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214613\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Paul,

Similar, but not quite the same. I was going to post on it before I saw your item.

Lacie 19 Blue, X-Rite calibrator, Coloreyes, Canon 9000

Blue. Snow shadow blue. I also saw this with my Epson 2400. The only constant is the camera, Nikon D2X. Regardless of the technology or the software, while other colours, flesh tones, are accurate according to the monitor, shadows in snow are not. What I see on the monitor for snow shadows become blues similar to GAF or Ektachrome film of thirty years ago when printed.

Other blues such as sky are rendered well. Where I might attribute this to camera firmware in the original rendering, am at a loss to understand why only this singular colour shift seems only to happen between monitor and printer on snow shadows.

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up