Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tethered Shooting 1Ds3  (Read 3097 times)

stryke

Tethered Shooting 1Ds3
« on: August 12, 2008, 06:07:29 am »

Hi All,

As with many users here I am shooting with 1Ds3 tethered to Mac Pro via EOS Utility/Lightroom.

As I shoot and the images get auto-imported into LR, the RAW and JPG thumbnails are placed separately in the filmstrip and this reminds me of Canon's older versions DPP. I do know that when I import images directly from my Canon G9, LR stacks the RAW and JPG thumbnails together but for tethered shooting this doesn't seem to work, even when the 'keep RAW & JPG as separate images' is left unchecked in LR preferences. Does anyone encounter this problem and if so how do you solve it?

Also may I know if we can shift the location of the filmstrip to the sides when viewing images in portrait formats? I thought the swap thumbnails position option for DPP and C1 is very useful when shooting to small screens as the desktop real estate is maximised.

Please advise.

Many thanks
Stryke

BFoto

• Brad's blog
Tethered Shooting 1Ds3
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 02:15:08 pm »

What's happening to the images in EOS prior to firing off to LR. I  don't shoot RAW+Jpeg, but the rate of transfer via the watched folder is quite quick. (Not as fast as it should be) Maybe the rate of transfer affects it?

stryke

Tethered Shooting 1Ds3
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 12:05:44 am »

What's happening to the images in EOS prior to firing off to LR. I  don't shoot RAW+Jpeg, but the rate of transfer via the watched folder is quite quick. (Not as fast as it should be) Maybe the rate of transfer affects it?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214638\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi,

I always shoot in RAW+JPG just in case the RAW files get corrupted for some unfathomable reasons. I set my in-camera JPG processing to highest and picture style to neutral. Yes the JPGs get imported much faster than the RAWs, last I checked 1-2 seconds for JPG and about 6-7 seconds for a RAW shot tethered to a Mac Pro 2x 2.66 Dual-Core Intel OS 10.5.4 with 4GB RAM. Tolerable for me as I do not shoot fashion much like the other photogs here.

Stryke

T.Kaercher

Tethered Shooting 1Ds3
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 07:17:08 am »

Hi All!

Did somebody have news about tethered Shooting without the canon software and the hotfolder, only with lightroom.
A adobe guy told me about this function developed in the next lightroom release.

Thanks, Bye,

Thomas

Fotografie
Thomas Kärcher
Finningerstr. 56
89231 Neu-Ulm
Germany
Phone +49-(0)731-79856
Fax +49-(0)731-723613
Mobile +49-(0)171-3440508
Mail mail@kaercher-fotografie.de
Web www.kaercher-fotografie.de

Quote from: stryke
Hi All,

As with many users here I am shooting with 1Ds3 tethered to Mac Pro via EOS Utility/Lightroom.

As I shoot and the images get auto-imported into LR, the RAW and JPG thumbnails are placed separately in the filmstrip and this reminds me of Canon's older versions DPP. I do know that when I import images directly from my Canon G9, LR stacks the RAW and JPG thumbnails together but for tethered shooting this doesn't seem to work, even when the 'keep RAW & JPG as separate images' is left unchecked in LR preferences. Does anyone encounter this problem and if so how do you solve it?

Also may I know if we can shift the location of the filmstrip to the sides when viewing images in portrait formats? I thought the swap thumbnails position option for DPP and C1 is very useful when shooting to small screens as the desktop real estate is maximised.

Please advise.

Many thanks
Stryke
Fotografie
Thomas Kärcher
Finningerstr. 56
89231 Neu-Ulm
Germany
Phone +49-(0)731-79856
Fax +49-(0)731-723613
Mobile +49-(0)171-3440508
Mail mail@kaercher-fotografie.de