Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 2 & Adobe beta profiles  (Read 3162 times)

Daianto

Lightroom 2 & Adobe beta profiles
« on: August 11, 2008, 11:29:31 am »

After my first shoot using the Adobe beta profiles Lightroom 2 seems to be assigning different ARC profiles with a Nikon D2Xs. When an image is viewed it may assign 3.1 to 4.4.

These were all evening shots causing me to wonder whether the changing colour temperature as the sun was setting might be in play.

picnic

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 11:39:30 am »

After my first shoot using the Adobe beta profiles Lightroom 2 seems to be assigning different ARC profiles with a Nikon D2Xs. When an image is viewed it may assign 3.1 to 4.4.

These were all evening shots causing me to wonder whether the changing colour temperature as the sun was setting might be in play.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214426\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I assume its the same Nikon or Canon.  I choose the profile from the beta profiles I want to use--LR doesn't (though it defaults to the one where the 5D profile was added).  Then I choose from the list what I prefer.  I'm assuming that's what you are referring to--you just have to choose or set your default.  Eric Chan gave a link in another thread today about how to set one of the profiles as your default profile if you want to do that.

Diane

Daianto

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 01:43:31 pm »

Quote from: picnic,Aug 11 2008, 03:39 PM
I assume its the same Nikon or Canon.  I choose the profile from the beta profiles I want to use--LR doesn't (though it defaults to the one where the 5D profile was added).

Dianne,

Yes, it is a Nikon D2Xs. It may be my training from the days of film, where if all thing are equal the result should be the same. In this situation, all things are equal, save the colour temperature, and I'm just curious as to why the software would arbitrarily choose different profiles.

Dave

picnic

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 02:28:22 pm »

Quote from: Daianto,Aug 11 2008, 01:43 PM
Quote from: picnic,Aug 11 2008, 03:39 PM
I assume its the same Nikon or Canon.  I choose the profile from the beta profiles I want to use--LR doesn't (though it defaults to the one where the 5D profile was added).

Dianne,

Yes, it is a Nikon D2Xs. It may be my training from the days of film, where if all thing are equal the result should be the same. In this situation, all things are equal, save the colour temperature, and I'm just curious as to why the software would arbitrarily choose different profiles.

Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214457\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Maybe someone can tell you---I haven't even noticed as I go and choose the profile I wish to begin with (and now that Eric as told us how to set a default, I'll do that) and work from there.  

Diane

Victoria Bampton

• Lightroom Queen
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 06:08:37 pm »

I'd bet you have it set to different defaults per ISO/serial number in preferences.
Victoria
[url=http://www.lightroomqueen.

Daianto

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 08:06:03 pm »

I'd bet you have it set to different defaults per ISO/serial number in preferences.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214509\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Victoria,

You are right. Though I need confess I don't understand the reason for this. I didn't dabble much with the previous version but am impressed with this release so I am behind in this software.

Dave

Victoria Bampton

• Lightroom Queen
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 02:33:32 am »

Victoria,

You are right. Though I need confess I don't understand the reason for this. I didn't dabble much with the previous version but am impressed with this release so I am behind in this software.

Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214525\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Turn it off it you don't need it Dave.

It's useful for:

Serial number - different calibration for different cameras within the same model, perhaps a different photographer likes a different look so other settings could be different too, perhaps you always use a certain lens on one camera which needs more sharpening, that kind of thing.

ISO - different noise reduction for different levels

You get the idea?
Victoria
[url=http://www.lightroomqueen.

Daianto

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 10:17:41 am »

You get the idea?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214560\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Victoria,

While digital photography and software has been a boon for photography, the continuing learning cure does, on occasion, having me missing Dektol.    

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up