Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe CS3 Bridge  (Read 8228 times)

alangubbay

Adobe CS3 Bridge
« on: August 10, 2008, 10:27:53 am »

Finally I have had to give up trying to use CS3 Bridge.  I can only get thumbnails, not previews.  On the odd occasions when I have been able to get it to work over the last year or so, the large previews were great.  Ever since it came out I have tried everything Adobe could suggest, except for re-installing Windows XP.  CS2 Bridge works well but I would love to have the large previews.  Can anyone suggest an alternative program?  I do not really need lightroom as I tend to work on single pictures for long periods.

Alan

Geoff Wittig

Adobe CS3 Bridge
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 10:31:48 am »

Finally I have had to give up trying to use CS3 Bridge.  I can only get thumbnails, not previews.  On the odd occasions when I have been able to get it to work over the last year or so, the large previews were great.  Ever since it came out I have tried everything Adobe could suggest, except for re-installing Windows XP.  CS2 Bridge works well but I would love to have the large previews.  Can anyone suggest an alternative program?  I do not really need lightroom as I tend to work on single pictures for long periods.

Alan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214240\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You can always try your camera manufacturer's RAW software. Canon's DPP has improved steadily over the years, to the point where it's now actually usable. Still not as slick as CS3/Adobe camera raw, but at least usable for managing your files.

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
Adobe CS3 Bridge
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 10:59:22 am »

If you convert the file to DNG do you have the same problem?

alangubbay

Adobe CS3 Bridge
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 12:47:20 pm »

If you convert the file to DNG do you have the same problem?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214248\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes.  All my Nikon RAW files are converted and saved as dng.  The problem applies to tiffs, j.pegs and psd as well.  Thumbnails are fine but no preview comes up.

Alan
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 12:48:40 pm by alangubbay »

01af

Adobe CS3 Bridge
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 02:32:50 pm »

And why didn't you try removing and then re-installing the software? When everything else failed then I'd try that before switching to a different software product.

-- Olaf

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
Adobe CS3 Bridge
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 03:17:59 pm »

Resetting the preferences on Bridge solves allot of these kinds of problems. I'm not in front of my computer right now so I can't remember how it is done exactly. It is something like holding down the control key while opening Bridge. I will look later.
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Adobe CS3 Bridge
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 04:30:37 pm »

Command/Option/Shift upon launch (equivalents on Win).

mbalensiefer

Adobe CS3 Bridge
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 11:45:48 pm »

I am not sure what exact feature you need Bridge for, but for image previews ACDSee has many options.

stamper

Adobe CS3 Bridge
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 04:13:09 am »

I am not sure what exact feature you need Bridge for, but for image previews ACDSee has many options.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214356\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I use Nikon view and open images in CS2 A free download

alangubbay

Adobe CS3 Bridge
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 06:01:23 am »

And why didn't you try removing and then re-installing the software? When everything else failed then I'd try that before switching to a different software product.

-- Olaf
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214279\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Of course I have tried all these things many times over and sometimes it works for a few minutes.

Lisa Nikodym

• http://www.stanford.edu/~melkor/lisa_pictures/lisa_pictures.html
Adobe CS3 Bridge
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 11:09:33 am »

This may be a stab in the dark, but I was having vaguely similar problems with CS3 & Bridge misbehaving badly for awhile after I installed them.  I finally tracked it down to my various plug-ins.  I had thought I could just move the plug-in files from the old CS2 directory to the new CS3 directory, but apparently you can't.  You need to uninstall them from CS2 & reinstall them in CS3.  Is there any chance that that's what's causing you problems???

LIsa
[url=http://www.stanford.edu/~melkor/lis

elauq

Adobe CS3 Bridge
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 05:30:38 pm »

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b5808d>

alangubbay

Adobe CS3 Bridge
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 03:09:37 am »

This may be a stab in the dark, but I was having vaguely similar problems with CS3 & Bridge misbehaving badly for awhile after I installed them.  I finally tracked it down to my various plug-ins.  I had thought I could just move the plug-in files from the old CS2 directory to the new CS3 directory, but apparently you can't.  You need to uninstall them from CS2 & reinstall them in CS3.  Is there any chance that that's what's causing you problems???

LIsa
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214418\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Lisa, I cannot tell you how grateful I am.  You are absolutely right.  I had 2 plug-ins installed- Neat Image and Buzz.  These were causing the problem.  Having removed them Bridge now works likes a dream.  Thank you so much.

Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up