Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shutter counts  (Read 6329 times)

DarkPenguin

Shutter counts
« on: June 06, 2005, 09:51:13 am »

Seems to be true.  I put a card in from my 300D and the 20D started at that number.  I was concerned as well until I noticed that my 20D numbers started where my 300D left off.

I do not think there is a way on the 20D to tell how many times the shutter has been fired.

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
Shutter counts
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 11:27:23 am »

Google "cancount" and you'll find a program that will tell the total true actuation count.

franxon

Shutter counts
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 12:27:33 pm »

yes but it works only with canon 1D family...., not compatible with D30-60-10D-20D or 300D-350D....

Ben Rubinstein

Shutter counts
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 04:25:52 pm »

Is there any way to read the shutter actuations in camera or with the canon software for the 1Ds?

franxon

Shutter counts
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 09:28:03 am »

Well I bought my 20D last saturday (finally) but I am a bit surprised and worried to see that the file (photo) number starts from 8,000 something. I did some search on the net, some people say that the cameras continue the file number from the last frame of the FIRST CF card they use. So the file number isn't a reliable indicator of the shutter count. I'm wondering:

1, is this argument true or false?
2, how can I check the shutter count of the camera anyway?

I searched this forum and found no relavant topics. So I put it up here to get some help. Your input is very very much appreciated, as I can ask for a change within 7 days if the camera has been fired more than eight thousand times before. If this is a repeat of a similiar question and has been answered before, please excuse me and direct me to the earlier posts.

With best regards,

Frank

franxon

Shutter counts
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 10:48:23 am »

Thank you for your reply darkbird, however, the last frame in my CF card is numbered 1,000 something which was taken from another display set of 20D, and the number of the first frame (immediately after that previous one) taken with MY 20D is 8,000 something.

Well, if only the VERY FIRST CF card counts, then it explains. God knows what CF card was firstly put into my 20D when she was virgin.

I tried to read the EXIF file with severial freeware but this info is locked. If only I know the Hex String corresponding to the image number!

If anyone has any software which can read this info, I'll send you the pic and please help me read.

Best regards,

Frank

thierrylegros396

Shutter counts
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 11:47:16 am »

functionniert nicht mit D30, D60, 10D, 300D, 20D, 350D

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
Shutter counts
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 12:39:02 pm »

The original tool "CanCount" would work with non-1-series bodies.

franxon

Shutter counts
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 03:39:31 am »

thanks all i've got it solved simply by visiting the canon service centre and paying them 20 bucks. only 300+ shots have gone through with my 20D, including more than a hundred by myself and my wife. so i feel quite released now.

pom, check out soens.de. it works only on 1D family now.

darent

Shutter counts
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 01:03:41 am »

Does anyone where to get the original CanCount that worked on other Canons
Pages: [1]   Go Up