Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing purple cast on B&W prints?  (Read 2400 times)

HiltonP

• http://hiltonp-twotrains.blogspot.com/
Removing purple cast on B&W prints?
« on: August 08, 2008, 12:47:12 pm »

I am having a photo album printed (a MyPublisher / Blurb type of book) with both colour and B&W photos being printed on the same page. No problem with the colour photos, but the B&W photos alongside them on the page have a distinct purple colour cast.

I have done some searching, and researching, but thusfar all the solutions to this purple casting call for the B&W photos to be printed separately (using only black inks, different printers, etc) but obviously this cannot work for me because I have this mixture of colour and B&W on the same page.

Any ideas? . . .
Regards, HILTON

Larry Berman

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 01:01:12 pm »

Short of using accurate color profiles, which may or may not work, you can add some green to compensate for the magenta cast.

This is a common problem when trying to print black and white on a Fuji Frontier printer. When I have black and white prints made at my local Sam's Club (on their Frontier), I have additional files with varying amounts of green in the event that their printer is not giving me neutral black and whites. Communicate with them about the problem and see what they suggest. At the very least, they should give you the option of testing various files to see which prints neutral.

I am having a photo album printed (a MyPublisher / Blurb type of book) with both colour and B&W photos being printed on the same page. No problem with the colour photos, but the B&W photos alongside them on the page have a distinct purple colour cast.

I have done some searching, and researching, but thusfar all the solutions to this purple casting call for the B&W photos to be printed separately (using only black inks, different printers, etc) but obviously this cannot work for me because I have this mixture of colour and B&W on the same page.

Any ideas? . . .
Larry Berman
[url=http://bermangraphics.

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 01:17:00 pm »

Color management in Blurb - click here.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up