Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Martin Evening's book in stock at Amazon  (Read 14443 times)

picnic

Martin Evening's book in stock at Amazon
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008, 09:02:25 am »

Available now at local B&N.  The only LR2 title on their shelves.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217391\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Since Gerry mentioned that B & N had it in stock I dropped by our local B & N yesterday (Labor Day here in the US).  I almost missed it--they had it down in a corner not in the digital photography/PS area, but they did have several copies so I picked one up.  As usual--excellent.  Though I feel pretty comfortable in LR, I still  have picked up a couple of tips already and its a great reference.  He does a terrific job with his books IMO-- covering material and illustrating it also.

Diane

dchew

• Dave Chew Photography
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2008, 06:48:38 am »

Finally got around to ordering it.  Markus, thanks for the effort on the review.  I clicked through to Amazon from your page; hopefully you'll get a few pennies for the effort.

Dave

Potus5

• http://
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2008, 06:17:56 pm »

i ordered it
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=213907\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's also available on-line from Chapter's in Canada, and at a significant discount from the cover purchase price in the store.
I ordered it Monday and it arrived last Friday.

Philip Weber

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2008, 07:31:04 pm »

I have the LL LR 2.0 video and as I had 1.x since it came out, I used it primarily to get up to speed on the new features.

Having said that, is there enough in the book over and above the video tutorial to make it worth getting?

Thanks,
Phil

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2008, 07:55:59 pm »

Think about what you are asking. To answer this definitively would require reading the book alongside the video and comparing the coverage item by item and then making judgments about what YOU may think to be "enough" difference between them to make both purchases worthwhile. I have another simpler approach altogether: I intend to do a lot of work in Lightroom (already have) so I bought both, because neither of them cost a fortune and I take it for granted there will be both overlap and material unique to each. Remember: no two sets of authors would necessarily approach everything the same way or have all the same ideas. That logic taken to its extreme means one buys everything - but not quite. In this case, like Michael and Jeff, Martin has been with this product from the outset, and there's 600 pages worth to digest. I think it's a tolerable risk there will be value-added owning both, and I don't get any commission from either.  
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

KeithR

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2008, 11:02:50 pm »

I think it's a tolerable risk there will be value-added owning both, and I don't get any commission from either. 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219889\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Neither do I but include me in agreement. I have been watching the tutorial and just received the book this past week. Just thumbing through the book I found more info that expands upon MR & JS fine work, so I definitely see them as companions to be used with one another.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

Tklimek

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 01:02:30 am »

Yup...ditto what the two above posters said.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Neither do I but include me in agreement. I have been watching the tutorial and just received the book this past week. Just thumbing through the book I found more info that expands upon MR & JS fine work, so I definitely see them as companions to be used with one another.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219906\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Philip Weber

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 09:04:47 pm »

Makes sense and thanks everyone, I'll add it to my library.

Phil

Markus Jais

• http://www.markusjaisphoto.com
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 04:57:48 am »

Finally got around to ordering it.  Markus, thanks for the effort on the review.  I clicked through to Amazon from your page; hopefully you'll get a few pennies for the effort.

Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219800\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thanks a lot!

In the meantime I am reading two other LR books and although not bad, nothing so far comes close to Martin's book if you really want to master LR2.
Reviews of those books will follow soon.

I also have the video by Jeff and Michael. It's great and complements my learning from Martin's book.

Markus
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up