Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pre Photokina Troll  (Read 8433 times)

HarperPhotos

• http://www.harperphoto.com
Pre Photokina Troll
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2008, 12:26:38 am »

Yair, is this a real world viable solution?? I've never heard/seen anyone using Wiview Bluetooth® to an iPAQ Pocket PC with Leaf back/camera?? do you know some one using this set up we can refer to for more info??

After reading Frank's very good review on the Leaf AFi 7 I would seriously re-consider Leaf if the WiView is consistent, stable, doesn't crash and works reliably without to many issues. 

Is there a video demonstration of this set up anywhere??

Thanks 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214531\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Gidday,

My experience with the leaf bluetooth/iPaq as been a disaster.

I think I got to connect once for about 5 mins and then it lost contact.

I’ve just tried again today with the back next to the ipaq and again it won’t connect, have checked Bluetooth was working on both devises.

Bit of a joke if you ask me.

Cheers

Simon
Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand

yaya

Pre Photokina Troll
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2008, 01:47:58 am »

Thanks Yair.
Most iPaqs have a screen resolution of 320 x 240. Mine has a square 240 x 240 display to match my Ixpress 96C's square sensor!   

As far as I know, most digicam screens of the 1.8", 2"and 2.2" diagonal variety appear to be what the manufacturers call 230K pixel screens, which translates to essentially a 320 x 240 array of R, G and B pixels ( (320 x 3) x 240 = 230,400 ), which is what the Canon EOS 40D and Nikon D200 have for screens. So that means that the iPaq display shows pretty much the same number of image pixels but on a larger, 3-inch or 3.5-inch display. So same, but bigger pixels.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214546\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The Aptus and AFi use a 320X240 3.5" display as well. I'll ask about a video clip.

Yair

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Pre Photokina Troll
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008, 01:56:23 am »

I tried several Ipaq's as well but never really got it to work. The best I got was an image that was rotated 90 degrees without the possibility to get it right.

In defense of the Wifi connection. I was using the Ipaq with an older version of Windows Mobile that was known to be not free of errors. The next time I tried to get it to work with an Ipaq that also was my phone. This was not officially supported either and no succes.

I have sold my Aptus17 shortly after. Now, I am sure I would have gotten it to work properly if I would have followed all directions however I refuse to walk with an Ipaq and a phone when these 2 can be integrated into 1 device.

Maybe the Leaf Wifi application has been improved since?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up