Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac Monitor on a PC?  (Read 2397 times)

Alistair

Mac Monitor on a PC?
« on: August 06, 2008, 08:13:27 am »

Can a Mac monitor be used on a PC? Looking for a new monitor and want to know if this is an option.
Alistair

NikosR

• http://
Mac Monitor on a PC?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 08:21:36 am »

Yes, as long as the PC Graphics card has DVI-D output. Most current cards have this.
I routinely use my 23'' Cinema Display on my PC. Of course the card must be able to support the display's resolution also. Most current cards should be able to easily support the 23'' CD but for the 30" CD you have to be carefull.
Nikos

Scott Martin

• Onsight
Mac Monitor on a PC?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 10:14:05 am »

I have more than one client that keeps their shiny cinema display on their desk and the beige box hidden under the desk. Works great. Apple's monitors are now just regular monitors with DVI ports - the only thing "mac" about them is that they are stylish looking and embrace simplicity with combined cabling and the only hardware controlis for brightness. Dell is following the brightness only control trend on their large wfp displays and it greatly helps simplify the calibration process for the masses.

p.s. Alistar - are you my friend Mr Turnbull from PCG down under?
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

Alistair

Mac Monitor on a PC?
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 11:21:12 am »

Yes, as long as the PC Graphics card has DVI-D output. Most current cards have this.
I routinely use my 23'' Cinema Display on my PC. Of course the card must be able to support the display's resolution also. Most current cards should be able to easily support the 23'' CD but for the 30" CD you have to be carefull.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=213378\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mnay thanks Nikos, just the advice I was looking for.
Alistair

Alistair

Mac Monitor on a PC?
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 11:23:34 am »

p.s. Alistar - are you my friend Mr Turnbull from PCG down under?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=213398\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Many thanks too for the advice Scott. And no, I am afraid that, while I am from down under (although now reside in the UK) I am not Mr Turnbull.
Alistair
Pages: [1]   Go Up