Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some strange LR2 behaviour & questions  (Read 1661 times)

dwphoto

Some strange LR2 behaviour & questions
« on: August 06, 2008, 06:42:53 am »

Hi

I'm a newbie to the forum and wanted to post a couple of questions about LR2. I've finally left bridge and am now using LR2 (bridge in cs3 was driving me crazy)

So here goes:
1 I'm importing older raws and converting to dng. I use a filename preset based on the DAM book ie dwp_080806_1234. It is supposed to use the date the photo was taken but instead is using the current days date instead. Not sure why its doing this. I then run name change within LR2 using the same preset and it changes them accordingly. Its annoying I have to do this. Any ideas. ( the preset works if I'm importing from a card)

2 When running the name change within LR2 it will often stop halfway through saying it cant rename a file. I then find the file, start the process from there again and its OK. Again annoying and I'm not sure why its doing it.

3 I really rely on my star ratings and want to see quickly how many of each are in a folder as I do them. Under metadata in the Library filter I can choose many types of metadata but not the ratings. This seems like a crazy oversight to me.
Am I missing something or is there another way to see the totals of each of my ratings ?

Thanks for that, I'd appreciate any help.
Cheers, Dean

dwphoto

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 11:52:14 pm »

No-one with any ideas on this?

ANyway, I just downloaded from my card and it is also using today's date. If I then run the F2 name change using the very same preset, it uses the image date. Its weird but annoying.
Dean

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 08:27:24 am »

For #3: two things you can do.

a. Go to Filter Bar at the top of Library and select Attribute. Under there you find the ratings.

b. Create a Smart Collection with the rule limiting the collection to the # of stars you want.
Eric Chan

dwphoto

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 08:03:42 pm »

For #3: two things you can do.

a. Go to Filter Bar at the top of Library and select Attribute. Under there you find the ratings.

b. Create a Smart Collection with the rule limiting the collection to the # of stars you want.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=213627\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if this will do what I want. All I'm after is a list of the ratings within a folder eg
1 Star    300
2 Star    30
3 star     10
4 star     3

Thanks, Dean
Pages: [1]   Go Up