Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sinar dng color calibration ...  (Read 3248 times)

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
sinar dng color calibration ...
« on: August 05, 2008, 09:12:26 am »

thanks to the new dng color calibration tool from adobe, which is described by MR, the eXposure DNG colors will be interpretated now well,- after one wrote such profile in adobe.
its highly recommended for emotion users which work with dng files to use this new ( + exciting ) possibility from adobe.
because the color profiles dont change the raw data but the way how the raw konverters interpretate them ( they are embedded in the files ) , the older profile made in exposure or in brumbaer tools are replaced by the new profiles.  so it does not matter with which kalibration profile you made your dng, or if you used none, the results will be the same after you made a profile in the dng profile editor from adobe, and you can even afterwards switch between different kalibrations and see the effect directly in the konverter. the tool works very fast and is really great, as MR stated as well.
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 09:35:07 am »

I just read the review. Looking forward to trying it.

Panopeeper

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 04:41:44 pm »

the older profile made in exposure or in brumbaer tools are replaced by the new profiles
Hold on, something is wrong. There were no such profiles in the DNG files until now. eXposure and Brumbaer defined a conversion matrix (but not the same), and they will remain there.  The profile applies after the conversion with the matrix.

Note, that such profiles have to be created separatedly for Adobe, eXposure and Brumbaer converted files.
Gabor

rainer_v

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 04:53:13 pm »

no idea about exposure.
but i see that there is no more a difference if i use in brumbaer the custom profiles or if i dont use them,- as long i use a adobe generated profile. if i use in brumbaer a custom made profile or if i use a default profile results in this case in the same endresult and in the same color temperature of a certain grey point. without the adobe generated profile there is in this case a huge difference, so these color matrixes are "overwritten" or, better said, not longer used.
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

Panopeeper

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 05:44:19 pm »

but i see that there is no more a difference if i use in brumbaer the custom profiles or if i dont use them,- as long i use a adobe generated profile
Caution with the terminology. There was no such "profile" before, which is referred to in the profile editor.

Once more: the Adobe DNG converter, eXposure as well as Brumbaer define conversion matrixes. This has been so before, and it remains unchanged. You may call these "profiles" (they are), but keep in eye, that there are different kinds of profiles.

The former DNG spec allowed for one or two color conversion matrixes, which may be seen as generic profiles of the camera model, and one or two calibration matrixes, which are meant to adjust for the specific camera copy (I have never seen any actual use of these).

The new DNG spec allows for an additional conversion, defined through one or more set of parameters, which are called profiles in the DNG terminology.

(And then there are ICC profiles as well, but I don't see their actual usage yet.)
Gabor

rainer_v

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 06:13:09 pm »

Caution with the terminology. There was no such "profile" before, which is referred to in the profile editor.

Once more: the Adobe DNG converter, eXposure as well as Brumbaer define conversion matrixes. This has been so before, and it remains unchanged. You may call these "profiles" (they are), but keep in eye, that there are different kinds of profiles.

The former DNG spec allowed for one or two color conversion matrixes, which may be seen as generic profiles of the camera model, and one or two calibration matrixes, which are meant to adjust for the specific camera copy (I have never seen any actual use of these).

The new DNG spec allows for an additional conversion, defined through one or more set of parameters, which are called profiles in the DNG terminology.

(And then there are ICC profiles as well, but I don't see their actual usage yet.)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=213271\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

in any case they are not longer used by PS, if a adobe profile is embedded
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp
Pages: [1]   Go Up