Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H3DII Battery Expectations  (Read 4028 times)

JonTMiller2

Hasselblad H3DII Battery Expectations
« on: August 04, 2008, 01:15:11 pm »

H3DII Battery Expectations:  I am trying to understand what to expect from the rechargeable battery in the H3DII.  The battery drains while the camera is not powered on at a rate of a full battery in less than a day.  Is this normal?  Should the battery be removed when the camera is not in use?

I have followed the Hasselblad recommended battery charging and reset procedure which does not seem to make any difference.  I bought a second battery which behaves the same way.

What are the expectations of this system?

jecxz

• http://www.jecxz.com
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 01:53:49 pm »

H3DII Battery Expectations:  I am trying to understand what to expect from the rechargeable battery in the H3DII.  The battery drains while the camera is not powered on at a rate of a full battery in less than a day.  Is this normal?  Should the battery be removed when the camera is not in use?

I have followed the Hasselblad recommended battery charging and reset procedure which does not seem to make any difference.  I bought a second battery which behaves the same way.

What are the expectations of this system?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=213005\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have batteries that have remained in the H3DII grip for two or more weeks that remained at 95% for all that time. Unless your back is not "going to sleep." Check your settings.

New/fresh batteries do not last as long as conditioned batteries.

adamdbates

• http://www.shutterspeedtravel.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 03:52:26 pm »

same with me, just switched on mine after three week of no use and fired up without a problem.

adam

I have batteries that have remained in the H3DII grip for two or more weeks that remained at 95% for all that time. Unless your back is not "going to sleep." Check your settings.

New/fresh batteries do not last as long as conditioned batteries.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=213018\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

JonTMiller2

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 10:09:25 am »

same with me, just switched on mine after three week of no use and fired up without a problem.

adam
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=213236\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for input on this.  However, I really am not sure of this issue.  I have followed the recommended battery procedures.  As a test, yesterday I mounted a fully charged battery into the camera BUT I DID NOT POWER ON.  Today (24hrs) I powered on the camera only to find a replace battery message.  Unless I am missing some settings, I think I have everything set to power off.

Is there and issue with the newer H3DII-31?

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 10:16:38 am »

It sounds like you have a ground fault in the camera somewhere that's draining the battery.  I'd have the camera serviced.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

JonTMiller2

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 03:24:23 pm »

It sounds like you have a ground fault in the camera somewhere that's draining the battery.  I'd have the camera serviced.

Mike.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214092\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the feedback.  Hasselblad requested that I send the camera for their evaluation.  After verifying constant drain from the back, they are replacing the camera.  Great service from Hasselbald.
Jon
Pages: [1]   Go Up