Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating files for web  (Read 2345 times)

Justinr

• Ink+images
Creating files for web
« on: August 02, 2008, 06:44:39 am »

I'm bumbling around trying to create my own web pages rather than rely on other peoples templates.

Is it possible to create in PS a page based on an image with overlying text in which I can place active links?

I am also looking at getting my head around a html editor but fear that the WYSIWYG type programmes produce a great deal of surplus code which can slow things down a bit when it comes to viewing.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Justin.

Edhopkins

Creating files for web
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 06:54:39 am »

Justin

I don't know if this addresses your issue, but we just put the text on the image using the text tool in Photoshop.  Then you are making a web page with an image with text already on it.  (If you want the text to run off the image, just put a border around your image--the same color as the background of your web site--and put the text on this image plus border. All is done in photoshop prior to doing anything else.  Look at Dottiecampbell.com--that is how we made those pages.  Right--they do load more slowly...)

(But then we use Dreamweaver to make the web page itself and put the image map on it with active links...)

Hope this helps some and is not off base.

Ed
Baltimore

petermarrek

Creating files for web
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 09:15:57 am »

Try Freeway from Softpress, Sitegrinder, or Lightroom Web module.

Justinr

• Ink+images
Creating files for web
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 04:47:36 pm »

Try Freeway from Softpress, Sitegrinder, or Lightroom Web module.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Many thanks for the suggestions. Having pondered the problem I went away and tried a different approach using a combination of Frontpage and PS. This is my first home grown web page which is usually accessed through the Photo Blog section on my site and directs visitors to the galleries. Granted, it does need some fettling.

[a href=\"http://justinseye.com/webblog/Blg%20Cork%20week%2008%20web.htm]Photo Blog page[/url]

Justin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up