Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gold Fibre Silk on R2880, woes!  (Read 2285 times)

TaoSpace

Gold Fibre Silk on R2880, woes!
« on: August 01, 2008, 09:05:32 am »

Hi,

Been trying GFS with my new R2880. I'm primarily using Adv. B&W mode to get around the fact that there aren't any ICC profiles for this combo yet.

I'm running in to problems though: scuff-marks (or wheel marks, not sure) at the bottom of the page. Left edge, middle and right-edge. Always in the same place.

I have no such problem with Epson's own paper.

Anybody have any ideas? Tried widening the platen gap ("Wide"), added 10x0.1 dry time, but nothing. Tried feeding through the back manual feeder (didn't want to feed, complained of thick paper jam), wanted to try front slot but won't let me feed anything other than A3+ (Its A4 I'm trying at this stage).

Does anybody have similar experiences?

PeterTinson

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 11:33:51 am »

You could try placing somthing to support the paper on the stacker tray.
With heavy weight stiff papers as they are released from the pinch rollers the weight of media can cause the trailing edge to lift up and contact the carriage.
Something like the paper box as long as its not  more than 1.5 inches thick.
PeterT

TaoSpace

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 12:06:51 pm »

Very good idea, thanks a lot! I'll give that a go!

Just for reference: using the front-feeder instead of the top feeder with Gold Fibre Silk (and a Wide platen gap) produces utter junk. Totally smeared image that looks like it was poorly airbrushed. There might be some obvious reason for this, that I cannot see. Just posting it here so it might help someone else in the future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up