Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR2 back to Print Profile issues like before 1.4.1  (Read 2164 times)

Doyle Yoder

LR2 back to Print Profile issues like before 1.4.1
« on: July 31, 2008, 12:45:45 pm »

I am seeing the same issue with LR2 and not applying print profiles correctly like we had with pre 1.4.1 version on 10.5. The work around we used with setting the print profile in LR and again in the Colorsync Utility works but limits you to a few paper settings.

Wonder why after fixing this with 1.4.1 it is now back again with LR2? The LR team just seem CM challenged.

MacPro 10.5.4 Canon iPF9000 driver 1.30

Doyle

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 07:59:36 pm »

Doing a little more testing on the print profile problem.

10.5.4 iPF9000 Canon driver 1.30

What I found out is that when going to Print Setup under Color Matching I can choose Vendor Matching and then I can choose CM off in the Driver. If I then hit Print One the print is correct.

If I go to Print under Color Matching I cannot choose Vendor Matching. Both selections are grayed out and Colorsync is shown as checked. Of course I cannot choose CM Off this way. After I have once gone into the Print and then go back to Print Setup I can no longer choose Vendor Matching and have the same grayed out dialog under Color Matching. And off course the print is not correct this way with the double profiling that is going on.

David Taylor

• http://www.sixtyonenorth.com
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 04:38:16 am »

Also wondering about this. Using OS X.5.4 with LR 2 and an Epson 2200. I am low on ink, so I haven't tried any tests yet myself. But will the 2200 be compatible with the new LR 2 and the OS. Last time I printed at home on LR 1.x I got a bad magenta cast. Anyone have recent experience printing with this setup on the new LR 2? Thanks much.

Don Davis

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 09:42:08 pm »

Also wondering about this. Using OS X.5.4 with LR 2 and an Epson 2200. I am low on ink, so I haven't tried any tests yet myself. But will the 2200 be compatible with the new LR 2 and the OS. Last time I printed at home on LR 1.x I got a bad magenta cast. Anyone have recent experience printing with this setup on the new LR 2? Thanks much.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=212511\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You must use the Epson driver supplied with the Leopard Install Disk.  The drivers on Epson's web site won't work.  Epson Support guided me through Uninstalling the old driver and installing fro  m the disk.  All driver options now available in LR 2.0 and prints look great.

David Taylor

• http://www.sixtyonenorth.com
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 10:11:32 pm »

Thanks much Don, I'll give that a shot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up