Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR to PS and back.....  (Read 1884 times)

picnic

LR to PS and back.....
« on: July 31, 2008, 12:43:00 pm »

I've done roundtrips with LR 1.4 quite a lot.  I thought I understood the process in LR2.0, but....     I've even gone back to help and reread it.  When I open the dialog box (not opening as smart object, just file) it doesn't ask about stacking as before.  My understanding is that it won't save anything UNLESS I save it but then it will place the tiff next to the original file--not so for me.  

So--I open, process further, I've tried 'save as' and 'save'.  I end up with a tiff in the folder on my drive---but it does NOT appear back in LR.  I guess I need some enlightenment on this LOL.  In the help it actually says that you will be 'prompted' to save in LR--I've never gotten that.  I've tried over and over--the tiffs are there--but not in LR unless I actually import and stack together.   I can't find anything in preferences, etc. that address this--but help doesn't mention anything other than a very seamless process.  What's the magic word here?  Otherwise, really like LR 2.0--the gradient, etc. are just really terrific.

Oh, just to clarify (though I doubt this has anything to do with it)--I do have ACR 4.5 which I needed to be able to do the transfer.

Diane
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 12:46:34 pm by picnic »

Richowens

LR to PS and back.....
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 01:27:46 pm »

Diane

I just tried it, right click on a NEF file in grid mode, edit in CS2 and the dialogue box showed with the option of stack with original at the bottom.
 For me nothing has changed, in this operation, from 1.4.1.

I am running it on XPSP2.

Sorry I couldn't be of help.

Rich

sidfrisby

• http://www.sidfrisby.co.uk
LR to PS and back.....
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 01:48:13 pm »

Hi there

I had the same problem in LR 2 Beta. I thought it would be solved in LR 2.0 but it is still a problem. The only way I have found is to import the edited file from the folder.

See: http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....topic=25673&hl=

This is making LR2.0 almost unworkable for me.
[span style='font-family:Arial'][span st

picnic

LR to PS and back.....
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 01:54:07 pm »

Diane

I just tried it, right click on a NEF file in grid mode, edit in CS2 and the dialogue box showed with the option of stack with original at the bottom.
 For me nothing has changed, in this operation, from 1.4.1.

I am running it on XPSP2.

Sorry I couldn't be of help.

Rich
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=212091\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Rich.  I happened to be on my laptop when I read your reply so tried it with Vista (my main computer is XP Pro).  I get a dialog box just as in LR 1.4.  I went back up and tried on my XP Pro version and if I choose to edit in CS3, it simply opens the file in CS3 (I do have ACR 4.5 installed there--not in PS on laptop yet).  However, if I choose to edit in PS.exe (and choose CS2 for instance), I get the normal dialog box.  If both my computers were using the same OS, then I'd be able to compare better--or if you were using CS3, but right now I'm befuzzled.  

Well, just went back to main (XP) computer and chose to edit with photoshop.exe and it opened in CS3 and worked as normal--dialog box, stack, save as from PS and appears in LR (scratching my head).  I guess I'll just use that as a workaround for now--if it is.  

Diane

picnic

LR to PS and back.....
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 02:14:41 pm »

I just checked the Adobe forum.  It appears to be a bug.  One of the posters had called Adobe and that's the answer they gave.  Since I'm not worried about photomerge for panos right now--or even smartobjects, I can live with the workaround until they correct it--but glad to know its a bug and not just me LOL.

One of the posters had Vista and said his worked correctly--I'll have to try photomerge with my Vista version and see out of curiosity.  No, you don't have the choice of Photomerge, etc.--only opening in CS3 and it creates a tiff file immediately.

Diane
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 02:18:42 pm by picnic »
Pages: [1]   Go Up