Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 2.0 is out!  (Read 8444 times)

Tklimek

LR 2.0 is out!
« on: July 29, 2008, 12:00:36 am »

LOL.....no more fun trying to guess....it's here!

Todd in Chicago

Tklimek

LR 2.0 is out!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 12:30:27 am »

P.S.  $99 would seem to be a reasonable upgrade price (maybe I'm nutz).....hard to say why someone who probably spends way more $$$ on tons of other stuff wouldn't spend a hundred bucks to upgrade their primary software (assumging LR is someones primary software).  If LR can get softproofing in the next release....it most likely will be my primary (I mean "only") software.

Cheers and enjoy!

P.S.S.  Jeff (Schewe) is hopefully enjoying a well deserved pint at the Twisted Spoke!  Cheers brother.......  ;-)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 12:31:10 am by Tklimek »

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
LR 2.0 is out!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 12:45:47 am »

P.S.S.  Jeff (Schewe) is hopefully enjoying a well deserved pint at the Twisted Spoke!  Cheers brother.......  ;-)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211314\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Naw...I've been hanging around until the embargo time of 12:01AM Eastern time (11:01PM Chicago time) and it's too late to be drinking and driving (and I'm pretty sure the Spoke doesn't have free wifi).

Anyway, I've been working hard with Martin Evening (he's here in town with me) on our new Photoshop book (top secret, tell nobody!)

:~)

mjrichardson

LR 2.0 is out!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 02:11:57 am »

I just downloaded it ad it looks good, not used it in anger yet though. Is there a release date for the tutorial you have done? I brought Camera to print and like the style.
Cheers.
Mat

method

• http://www.method-photo.co.uk
LR 2.0 is out!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 03:41:05 am »

(top secret, tell nobody!)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211316\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Jeff? Secrets? Never!!!!  

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
LR 2.0 is out!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 04:13:55 am »

Just went to purchase and was re-directed to the overseas Adobe store and quoted US129 for the download version. Perhaps I am getting old and tired but I fail to see how this is not a rip-off. But I'd be quite happy to be shown to be mistaken.
David
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 04:20:59 am by Taquin »

Andy Barnes

• www.andrewbarnes.co.uk
LR 2.0 is out!
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 04:45:18 am »

Just went to purchase and was re-directed to the overseas Adobe store and quoted US129 for the download version. Perhaps I am getting old and tired but I fail to see how this is not a rip-off. But I'd be quite happy to be shown to be mistaken.
David
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211339\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Taquin

I'll see your $129 and raise you   . The LR2 upgrade download is roughly USD 160 from the UK Adobe site. Sigh...

Still, great software, and I'm upgrading as I type.

Andy

David Sutton

LR 2.0 is out!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 04:58:17 am »

Taquin

I'll see your $129 and raise you   . The LR2 upgrade download is roughly USD 160 from the UK Adobe site. Sigh...

Still, great software, and I'm upgrading as I type.

Andy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211341\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Heavens above.     I just checked the Australian site and they are being charged about US$157.
I was going to wait a few months and see if it came up on ebay, but I think I've just changed my mind. David

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LR 2.0 is out!
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 05:24:52 am »

The Luminous Landscape Guide to  Lightroom 2 is on our store at this page
Enjoy!

francois

LR 2.0 is out!
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 05:53:07 am »

The Luminous Landscape Guide to  Lightroom 2 is on our store at this page
Enjoy!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211347\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Chris,
Thanks for the info, DL has started smoothly.

Francois

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LR 2.0 is out!
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 05:56:27 am »

Chris,
Thanks for the info, DL has started smoothly.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211352\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hooray! - may it continue that way.  
BTW you are the 1st! Thank you.

knweiss

LR 2.0 is out!
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 01:43:19 pm »

P.S.  $99 would seem to be a reasonable upgrade price (maybe I'm nutz).....
$99 (€63) is fair. However, the German price is €120 ($188) which is twice the US price. This makes me sad - even more so because I use the English version and don't care (and don't want to pay for) the German localization.  

Roberto Chaves

• http://www.tabi.se
LR 2.0 is out!
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 06:02:44 pm »

$99 (€63) is fair. However, the German price is €120 ($188) which is twice the US price. This makes me sad - even more so because I use the English version and don't care (and don't want to pay for) the German localization. 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211490\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just bought the upgrade here in Sweden, and the price is 1070 SEK (175 USD), not twice the price as in Germany, but still very high. As I run a company I get the VAT back (25% here in Sweden). So the price for me to compare is 860 SEK (140 USD), which still is 41% higher.

And I will for sure run it in English, hate using Swedish translations of programs, it is just to
weird! So it feels stupid paying for something I don´t need.

I wonder how many Adobe users here in Sweden actually use their programs in Swedish... would be interesting to see a poll on this.

Note: I tried to buy it from the US site, but my adobe ID was locket to Sweden..
Best regards,
 Roberto Chaves  www.tabi.

walter.sk

LR 2.0 is out!
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 07:12:12 pm »

A question:  I have LR v1.4.1 and LR Beta 2.0 both installed.  When I get the LR v2.0 upgrade, do I first have to uninstall the other 2 versions, or do I install the upgrade over one of the older versions?  Also, what happens to my monster library, which would take hours to re-import if I have to do it from scratch?

LOL.....no more fun trying to guess....it's here!

Todd in Chicago
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211309\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

John Camp

LR 2.0 is out!
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 07:26:09 pm »

I wonder how many Adobe users here in Sweden actually use their programs in Swedish... would be interesting to see a poll on this.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211570\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I won't defend the price, but the question is not how many Swedes use the English version, as how many Swedes CAN'T use the English version. It might be cheaper or more convenient for many or even most to use English, but for those who don't speak English, not having the translation would mean being shut out.

I wonder how much of the extra costs of German, Swedish, etc., versions comes from the specific costs of translating, with that amount applied to expected sales in that specific area?

Also, for Europeans -- the tradition here in the US is to quote prices without sales tax, which is something like VAT. I think the reason for that is that each separate state, and many individual municipalities, levy their own sales tax, so on items that carry pre-printed UPC codes and prices, it would be difficult to show the total before it's calculated at the cash register. For US products, you simply must understand that anything purchased from a store will have something between 4% and 9% added as sales tax. Sales tax does not apply to most things bought through the internet if it is shipped to a state different from the one the store is in...in most case.

Americans going to Europe for the first time often think the prices are terrible, but at least there's no sales tax. 8-)

JC

dhlewis

• http://dhlewisphotography.com
LR 2.0 is out!
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 09:59:38 pm »

A question:  I have LR v1.4.1 and LR Beta 2.0 both installed.  When I get the LR v2.0 upgrade, do I first have to uninstall the other 2 versions, or do I install the upgrade over one of the older versions?  Also, what happens to my monster library, which would take hours to re-import if I have to do it from scratch?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211586\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

uninstall the beta and then just install V2. It will confirm that you want to upgrade your existing v1.x catalog.  Process went smooth for me.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
LR 2.0 is out!
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 10:31:42 pm »

P.S.  $99 would seem to be a reasonable upgrade price (maybe I'm nutz).....hard to say why someone who probably spends way more $$$ on tons of other stuff wouldn't spend a hundred bucks to upgrade their primary software (assumging LR is someones primary software). 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211314\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I do find it to be expensive, but it might be because I am using LR less and less because of what I find to be better conversions from other vendors's offerings for my Nikon and Mamiya files.

I have not tried 2.0 yet though, any hope that they might have improved the demoisaicing?

Cheers,
Bernard

flash

LR 2.0 is out!
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 11:00:57 pm »

Well Australia has no other language requirements (not that I would agree that this should have an impact) and we're paying over US$150.00 for the upgrade and US$500.00 for the full version. It's discrimination, plain and simple. Disgusting!

Gordon

David WM

• http://
LR 2.0 is out!
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 12:41:32 am »

Well Australia has no other language requirements (not that I would agree that this should have an impact) and we're paying over US$150.00 for the upgrade and US$500.00 for the full version. It's discrimination, plain and simple. Disgusting!

Gordon
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211642\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Agreed, I am not a user of LR, but was thinking about giving it a go with V2, but certainly not now. Not interested in supporting exploitive companies products.

David Sutton

LR 2.0 is out!
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 04:36:38 am »

FYI
It is very difficult to find an email address at Adobe Systems Inc., so I have left the following on a "report piracy" form on their website.

Re: Photoshop, Lightroom and Piracy.
When I purchased CS3 many of my acquaintances said I was a fool for
paying that amount of money for software that they were happy to give to me
gratis. I now find myself looking at purchasing a download of Lightroom
2 at a premium of some thirty percent over your price to US customers.
Surely that makes me doubly a fool.
Lightroom has been a fine product and I have been using it since it came
out in beta, and hopefully contributed in some small way to the beta
program.
People like to feel some loyalty to things that work well for them, and
are willing to pay a fair price. However charging up to double the US
price of $99, depending on where in the world you live, is in my opinion
predatory. Or "price gouging" if you like.
When I see someone using a pirated version of Lightroom or for that matter Photoshop, what am I now to say to them? What would you say to them?

Kindly note this has been published on the forum at Luminous-landscape.com.
Replies not published without consent.
Yours sincerely,
Murray David Sutton
New Zealand
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up