Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Accounting?  (Read 2610 times)

karrphoto

Z3100 Accounting?
« on: July 27, 2008, 11:21:23 pm »

OK... I LOVE the accounting on the Z3100 now that mine is up and running (tech had to replace the entire Ink Delivery System as something was cracked in it.)

Anyway, I love tracking paper/ink use, but I'd love to add names to the jobs.  Can I do that anyway??? Is there something I can enable in the preferences?   It would really help me to track my cost of goods for all the products I bind and print.

Thanks all!

rdonson

Z3100 Accounting?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 08:10:38 pm »

On my base Z3100 I don't see a way to name the jobs.  Perhaps on the models with GL/2.

Here's what things look like on my machine.
Regards,
Ron

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
Z3100 Accounting?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 08:22:57 pm »

I have never used this, but in the Features tab of the printer driver, there is a place for an Accounting ID. Perhaps you can figure out how to use that. It would make sense that it would report to the accounting reports.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 08:23:14 pm by Jim Cole »
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

dkeyes

• http://
Z3100 Accounting?
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 08:39:37 pm »

I'm on a Mac and all my file names are in the accounting list. Could this be a PC issue? I'm using a base 44" z3100 model and latest firmware. Also using same settings as previous post.

I should note that I'm getting this info via the web based connection to the printer, not through the HP printer utility although both will give me the same info.

- Doug

[attachment=7668:attachment]
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 08:44:15 pm by dkeyes »

rdonson

Z3100 Accounting?
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 08:43:35 pm »

Interesting, Doug.  Are you printing from Photoshop?  I never do.  I was testing printing from Lightroom and the filenames appeared.  When I print from Qimage they don't.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 08:45:20 pm by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron

dkeyes

• http://
Z3100 Accounting?
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 08:46:39 pm »

I mostly print from PS CS2 but have also printed from Illustrator and InDesign. I still get info from all those programs. I've never printed from any other apps. than these. I don't use Qimage either.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 08:47:48 pm by dkeyes »

Ernst Dinkla

Z3100 Accounting?
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 06:30:28 am »

I mostly print from PS CS2 but have also printed from Illustrator and InDesign. I still get info from all those programs. I've never printed from any other apps. than these. I don't use Qimage either.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In Qimage you can manually add a name to the job that will be kept in the job log list. It normally only adds the date if set to auto naming. There's information about the print size kept in the log file and the files used, the profile name should tell you what paper was used. For ink use you would need the HP log.

I have some wishes though about Qimage's log handling. The default should be Keep all print jobs instead of Keep the last 100. It isn't funny when Qimage returns to the default setting due to a problem and you have lost all the old job descriptions but the last 100.
Since Qimage has an internal mailer to send pictures the world around it would be nice to let it send the job log data from time to time to an address where you can check the data as well for accounting and archiving.

Ernst Dinkla

Try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 08:54:59 am by Ernst Dinkla »
Pages: [1]   Go Up