Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about disk sync software  (Read 1470 times)

dustblue

• http://www.moko.cc/dustblue
Question about disk sync software
« on: July 26, 2008, 10:47:20 am »

Hi there,

Thanks for you guys help, I'v bought a thecus N3200 with 3 1T disk. I make them a raid 5. My router is a 10m/100m router, so the speed is very slow, both read and write is about 25G/hour, which is 7mB/s. I will go get a giga router, and it will be boost to at least 100G/hour, which is 30m/s, 1/3rd of the speed of internal raid0.

And now I got the question about disk sync. I've tried the SecondCopy7, its features are exactly what I want, but I got problems: every time it runs, it tries to  copy lots of (even 4 thousands!) already the same files from source directory to backup directory, every time, it's really weird. I've tried the DST option, does't work.

Have anyone of you got this kind of problem? or do you use any better software solution?

I welcome any kind of feedbacks, thanks in advance.

regards,
Dustblue

dustblue

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 12:34:40 pm »

oh, I forgot to say that seagate 1T hard drive in the thecus is really noisy, don't put it near your working desk...

Hi there,

Thanks for you guys help, I'v bought a thecus N3200 with 3 1T disk. I make them a raid 5. My router is a 10m/100m router, so the speed is very slow, both read and write is about 25G/hour, which is 7mB/s. I will go get a giga router, and it will be boost to at least 100G/hour, which is 30m/s, 1/3rd of the speed of internal raid0.

And now I got the question about disk sync. I've tried the SecondCopy7, its features are exactly what I want, but I got problems: every time it runs, it tries to  copy lots of (even 4 thousands!) already the same files from source directory to backup directory, every time, it's really weird. I've tried the DST option, does't work.

Have anyone of you got this kind of problem? or do you use any better software solution?

regards,
Dustblue
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=210823\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

dustblue

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 03:50:30 pm »

Solved.
Allway Sync is finally my choice.

Hi there,

And now I got the question about disk sync. I've tried the SecondCopy7, its features are exactly what I want, but I got problems: every time it runs, it tries to  copy lots of (even 4 thousands!) already the same files from source directory to backup directory, every time, it's really weird. I've tried the DST option, does't work.

regards,
Dustblue
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=210823\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up