Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Printer Utility, where did it go?  (Read 36058 times)

sanvandur

• http://www.santiagovanegas.com
Epson Printer Utility, where did it go?
« on: July 26, 2008, 09:42:07 am »

I'm using a Mac Pro with OS 10.5 and printing through CS3 on to my Epson 2200.

For some reason that I am unaware of, my Epson Printer Utility is gone.It's not where I've usually found it: Finder, Applications, Utilities.
I've also used Spotlight, and have found nothing.
Only to cover my bases, I've downloaded the latest printer driver and the Printer Utility is still nowhere to be found.
Any ideas on how I can get the Printer Utility back?
Thanks,
Santiago Vanegas
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 09:43:08 am by sanvandur »
Santiago Vanegas photography at www.santiagovanegas.com

francois

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 09:52:01 am »

I'm using a Mac Pro with OS 10.5 and printing through CS3 on to my Epson 2200.

For some reason that I am unaware of, my Epson Printer Utility is gone.It's not where I've usually found it: Finder, Applications, Utilities.
I've also used Spotlight, and have found nothing.
Only to cover my bases, I've downloaded the latest printer driver and the Printer Utility is still nowhere to be found.
Any ideas on how I can get the Printer Utility back?
Thanks,
Santiago Vanegas
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=210812\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You should be able to access the Epson Utility from the "Print & Fax" preferences pane in system preferences. Double-click on your printer in the left column, a new window is then displayed and on the toolbar you should see  Utility. Click on it nd it'll launch the Epson Utility. If it doesn't work  then you can reach the Epson Utility by following this path: /Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/Utilities

Once you see the Epson Utility, make an alias and drag it to your Applications or Utilites folder.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 09:53:20 am by francois »
Francois

sanvandur

• http://www.santiagovanegas.com
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 01:05:44 pm »

Francois,
Thanks for your reply. It worked, I made the alias...
Good to go!
Santiago Vanegas photography at www.santiagovanegas.com

francois

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 03:43:43 am »

Francois,
Thanks for your reply. It worked, I made the alias...
Good to go!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211185\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Glad to se it worked for you. For some weird reason, I encountered the same issue on one of my Macs.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 03:44:41 am by francois »
Francois

BradSmith

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 03:16:39 pm »

I had the same problem and your solution worked.  But........(seems like there's always a but).....this happened when I upgraded to Mac OS 10.5.4.  When I went to the location mentioned in Libraries, I found 2 versions, #2 and #3 (ver6.01)  When I run the new one, it shows me an empty printer list.  I have a 1280.  The older version, #2, still seems to work right.

When I go to run Print Center, which is where I seem to remember that you "find" the printers that you want to access, it "unexpectedly fails" before it opens.

Anyone encountered this or have any ideas?
thanks
Brad

francois

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 06:09:21 pm »

I had the same problem and your solution worked.  But........(seems like there's always a but).....this happened when I upgraded to Mac OS 10.5.4.  When I went to the location mentioned in Libraries, I found 2 versions, #2 and #3 (ver6.01)  When I run the new one, it shows me an empty printer list.  I have a 1280.  The older version, #2, still seems to work right.

When I go to run Print Center, which is where I seem to remember that you "find" the printers that you want to access, it "unexpectedly fails" before it opens.

Anyone encountered this or have any ideas?
thanks
Brad
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222910\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm away from my office computer but as far as I remember I also have two versions (2.0 & 3.0). Version 2.0 was installed with an Epson 2200 and when I installed the drivers for a 3800, I got the new Epson Utility application - version 3.0. I can't say why it "fails" but you may want to reset the printing system and check your disk permissions. You can also open the Console application and see if some error messages appear when the applications crashes.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 06:10:15 pm by francois »
Francois

Ralph Johns UK

Re: Epson Printer Utility, where did it go?
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 02:44:22 pm »

Just for Info.

I have an older Epson 740 Stylus Printer running on an G4/1Ghz Dual Processor.

I have three Utilities.

2 in the path mentioned Earlier in this thread (/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/Utilities)  named as Epson Utility 2 and 3

However in /Library/Printers/EPSON/Utilities there is another Utility that is not numbered.

Epson Utility 2 seems to find the Epson 740

I believe the Epson Utility 3 (version 6.01) is for my CX6400

Ralph
Pages: [1]   Go Up