Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: phase files converted to DNG  (Read 1643 times)

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
phase files converted to DNG
« on: July 26, 2008, 01:38:32 am »

just tried to convert some P30 files to DNG...tried the adobe converter, tried LR and tried C1 all in latest versions (even the latest beta DNG converter)...compressed/not compressed, all different variations....they all gave me completely unusable magenta blown highlights (sometimes the whole sky....)....does anyone have a solution for this? i checked the phase forum and it is down from july 22nd to august 15th! wow....that is a big help....i guess we are all on vacation anyway...right?

amsp

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 06:02:27 am »

I have no such problem with my P25, but maybe if you provide a RAW file for download it would be easier to try and help.

Panopeeper

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 11:54:24 am »

If the blown highlights (particularly gray/white areas, like clouds) appear magenta, that is because the raw converter does not know, that those pixels are saturated. This can happen if the raw converter sets the saturation level too high.

All the P30 files I have saturate at 65535 and Adobe DNG converter does assume this saturation level (higher is not possible anyway).

If your camera copy deviates from this "standard", that can cause errors. If you upload such a raw file (native please), I can take a look at it.

You too can analyze the situation if you have a Windows, or use Parallels or Crossover on Mac: http://www.cryptobola.com/PhotoBola/Rawnalyze.htm (it can cause you some surprises re the ISO capability of your camera).
Gabor

Panopeeper

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 02:07:50 pm »

pps,

I received the raw file. Pls post a screen capture of your ACR processing, image in "fit in windows" size, showing the magenta tint as well as your processing parameters,
Gabor
Pages: [1]   Go Up