Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 - lines at leading edge corners??  (Read 2571 times)

marclw

Z3100 - lines at leading edge corners??
« on: July 25, 2008, 01:41:40 pm »

Hi, all! I've been reading this forum for months, ever since I got my 24" Z3100 a year ago last May. I've had questions just a couple of times. You guys have helped out a bunch of times, and I really have appreciated it.

I truly now have my first problem with the Z. I've attached a couple of photos to show what's been happening. I recalibrated the printer after being idle for some time, and a faint line appeared on the edge of the calibration chart. Then, I went to print my photo and much darker black lines appeared near the leading edges of the print. In addition, a second line appeared along the left side of the print, about four inches up.

Does anyone know what's happening, and is there a fix for it? I'm running Tiger on a G5 Dual 2.3 ghz Mac, with all the latest drivers and firmware. Figures that the one-year warranty has run out . . . . Thanks in advance.

Marc Weinberg
[attachment=7602:attachment]
[attachment=7603:attachment]

William Morse

• http://https://MorseEditions.com
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 01:53:16 pm »

Hi Mark-

You've got ink built up under the black cartridge. Do a search here for cleaning with coffee filters. That's what's recommended. If you leave the printer on without use, it still goes through auto cleaning cycles, and the ink can build up.

Bill

Hi, all! I've been reading this forum for months, ever since I got my 24" Z3100 a year ago last May. I've had questions just a couple of times. You guys have helped out a bunch of times, and I really have appreciated it.

I truly now have my first problem with the Z. I've attached a couple of photos to show what's been happening. I recalibrated the printer after being idle for some time, and a faint line appeared on the edge of the calibration chart. Then, I went to print my photo and much darker black lines appeared near the leading edges of the print. In addition, a second line appeared along the left side of the print, about four inches up.

Does anyone know what's happening, and is there a fix for it? I'm running Tiger on a G5 Dual 2.3 ghz Mac, with all the latest drivers and firmware. Figures that the one-year warranty has run out . . . . Thanks in advance.

Marc Weinberg
[attachment=7602:attachment]
[attachment=7603:attachment]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=210640\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Wm. Morse Editions
A Fine-Art Digital Pr

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 01:59:20 pm »

I'm in line with William on this one.  You need to clean the printheads and carriage manually with a coffee filter.

BTW:  thanks for the reminder to buy my extended warranty by the end of this month.  Fortunately, yours does not look like it will require a service call, though.

Ron H.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 01:59:39 pm by Colorwave »
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

marclw

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 02:47:45 pm »

Whew! Thanks, Bill! I'll check it out, but I got to say I'm a bit scared . . . . I don't want to screw anything up!

Marc

Hi Mark-

You've got ink built up under the black cartridge. Do a search here for cleaning with coffee filters. That's what's recommended. If you leave the printer on without use, it still goes through auto cleaning cycles, and the ink can build up.

Bill
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=210642\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 02:52:42 pm »

Whew! Thanks, Bill! I'll check it out, but I got to say I'm a bit scared . . . . I don't want to screw anything up!

Marc
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=210653\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Have no fear. Once you pull open the head carriage and see how simple the thing really is, you'll see that it's hard to screw up. Pulling out all the printheads lets you use a Q-tip on the ink build up with along the bottom of the carriage assembly; it's almost always along the extreme right hand side of the matte black head.
Pages: [1]   Go Up