Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New/APS/35mm/MF/SCANNER?  (Read 6022 times)

Natasa Stojsic

New/APS/35mm/MF/SCANNER?
« on: July 24, 2008, 04:20:23 am »

I have a huge order of APS Films and 35mm/MF negatives to scan.....

It is a perfect time to hire part time students at least for APS Films there is close to 3000 of APS alone....

So I thought 35/MF is easy because I can spread them on the scanner bed.... but APS is something I don't know much and it's in the shell.....

I use PC and Mac computers... can you guys help with the choice of best APS scanner with the highest resolution/etc.

Is there one that does it all with adapters, etc....(probably not but I had to ask)?

Any links, prices... THANKS

PS:APS Films/They are one of my older clients, so I can't give up or ignore the order....!!!!

Thanks again...
[span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:

Natasa Stojsic

New/APS/35mm/MF/SCANNER?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 06:22:29 pm »

Can anybody confirm if Nikon Super Coolscan 9000 ED can do it?

I found mix opinions but nothing from the user end...  on the description, they
say 35mm, MF format, etc (perhaps etc. is APS?)

Can somebody confirm?

PS: This is top of the line (top $$$) Nikon Scanner... if this one can do it, I assume  
Models below this should do APS too....????

David Good

New/APS/35mm/MF/SCANNER?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 07:30:33 pm »

No, the Nikon LS9000 does not do APS, at least I have never seen an adapter for it. I have an older Canon FS4000 that does have an APS adapter, I think there are a few more film scanners that have that capability (Canon, Minolta?)

Dave

Johnny_Johnson

New/APS/35mm/MF/SCANNER?
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 09:06:24 pm »

No, the Nikon LS9000 does not do APS, at least I have never seen an adapter for it. I have an older Canon FS4000 that does have an APS adapter, I think there are a few more film scanners that have that capability (Canon, Minolta?)

Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=210514\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not up to date with the current offerings - I do have an APS adapter for my ancient Polaroid SS4000 though.

Later,
Johnny

Natasa Stojsic

New/APS/35mm/MF/SCANNER?
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 10:43:25 pm »

I found this model NIKON COOLSCAN LS-5000 ED SCANNER  as described can do APS Films

Do you guys know the difference between 4000 and 5000 because the price is almost double
and I wonder should I buy 2x4000 or 1x5000?

capital

• Website
New/APS/35mm/MF/SCANNER?
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 04:49:34 am »

I found this model NIKON COOLSCAN LS-5000 ED SCANNER  as described can do APS Films

Do you guys know the difference between 4000 and 5000 because the price is almost double
and I wonder should I buy 2x4000 or 1x5000?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I purchased a Nikon Coolscan 5000 to scan my 35mm slides. I am really not satisfied with its ability to scan slides, specifically those that are high in contrast. A highly undesirable haloing or ghost image manifests itself perpendicular to the direction of travel of the scanner in the areas of higher contrast.

I contacted Nikon about this and they say that the behavior is normal, which I find hard to understand, given that it is marketed for its ability to render tones well.

I had gone to a local lab who has a Coolscan 5000, and their scanner exhibits the same issue, so I believe the issue is systemic.

Check out my previous posting on this, scroll down to where I posted a sample of the problem at [a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20803&hl=]this link here.[/url]

Natasa Stojsic

New/APS/35mm/MF/SCANNER?
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 01:12:11 pm »

I purchased a Nikon Coolscan 5000 to scan my 35mm slides. I am really not satisfied with its ability to scan slides, specifically those that are high in contrast. A highly undesirable haloing or ghost image manifests itself perpendicular to the direction of travel of the scanner in the areas of higher contrast.

I contacted Nikon about this and they say that the behavior is normal, which I find hard to understand, given that it is marketed for its ability to render tones well.

I had gone to a local lab who has a Coolscan 5000, and their scanner exhibits the same issue, so I believe the issue is systemic.
Check out my previous posting on this, scroll down to where I posted a sample of the problem at this link here.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=210553\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the link, that's very strange of Nikon...  I thought rental company used them
just because they are good and reliable!!!

Well, now I don't know what are my options.... it's getting tougher and tougher
Pages: [1]   Go Up