Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are my Bridge Thumnails?  (Read 1757 times)

DanPatrick

Where are my Bridge Thumnails?
« on: July 22, 2008, 09:33:24 pm »

I run PS3 and Bridge on an XP Pro system w/2GB of ram.  Recently, quite suddenly, I can't see my thumbnails in Bridge.  Well, most of them.  

I have many, many folders and they are chronological.  I have Raw image files in one major directory, images (tiff, JPEG, etc.) in another.  

I can see almost none of the JPEGS and TIFFS in the right panel (I have, say, 3/4 of the screen as a preview or metadata space, then one column of thumbs on the right).  They're there (I can see them in Windows Explorer) and I can click on the blank space and that frame will show in Preview or if I click twice, open in PhotoShop.  And sometimes I can see thumbs for a moment if I move the scroll bar up and down quickly.  Now, here's the strange part.  I can see the JPEGS and TIFFS of shots I've made recently.

With the Raw files, it's pretty much the same, though some directories show up, I don't know why.  Go figure.

I've cleared the cache several times and I've even reinstalled.  Still, no thumbs.  Anyone out there have a similar experience or an idea of what the heck is happening?

HELP!  Dan

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 09:35:52 am »

Hmmm.
I have a vaguely similar problem. Using my Windows Vista laptop on a photo trip to Maine last week, I discovered to my chagrin that raw files from my (newish) Eos-1Ds III were displayed in Bridge CS3 only as generic icons, making it impossible to edit. Raw files from the mk II and original 1Ds show up just fine. I downloaded the latest version of Adobe raw converter and this permitted me to open the files in Photoshop, but no luck seeing any thumbnails. Placing a copy of the Adobe raw converter file in Bridge's plug-in folders didn't help. Clearing and refreshing the cache did nothing.

I downloaded a trial copy of Lightroom just to get access to the images for editing, but I must admit that I hate Lightroom's way of working. Bridge still works fine on my home desktop with thumbnails displaying properly.

Is there some obscure setting I'm missing here? I wasn't daring enough to reinstall all of Photoshop while in Maine, because if it hung up during installation I was screwed. That's my next move, but I'd like to avoid it if possible.

Any ideas out there?

DanPatrick

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 01:34:12 pm »

Ah, I forgot to mention, I took some new photos with a 40D & 20D.  Weird, I can see those thumbnails just fine.  It's just the older ones - which were visible until some point about two or three weeks back - not sure, exactly.  I'm stumped.
Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up