Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: D700 - The What and Why - A First Field Report  (Read 28028 times)

Rob C

D700 - The What and Why - A First Field Report
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2008, 06:56:48 am »

There's a mirror in the play room so I snapped a self portrait in my well-loved yard cap.

Hi

I feel the same way about my watch too!

Rob C

NikosR

• http://
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2008, 08:28:53 am »

Has there been any discussion on when Adobe might update ACR to handle the D700 raw files?  Seems like a simple upgrade, and in fact there is at least one hack floating around that changes the Camera Model exif tag from D700 to D3 so the current ACR will handle it.

Michael, have you been shooting raw with your D700?

Thanks,

---Kent
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211219\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

People on dpr report that LR2 and ACR4.5 include 'preliminary' support for the D700. So there...
Nikos

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2008, 09:03:06 am »

Correct, the LR2 has official support for both the Olympus E-420 and E-520, and preliminary (unofficial) support for the Canon 1000D and Nikon D700.
Eric Chan

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2008, 08:25:17 am »

Bernard,

You do nice stuff.

JC
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211223\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks John.

Cheers,
Bernard

maxgruzen

• http://www.pbase.com/mordicai
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2008, 12:48:52 pm »

Mcgyver and DarkPenguin,

Note that I said I hadn't discovered any better autofocussing of the 40D. I don't often shoot moving targets. A few weeks ago I took a few shots of surfers at the Gold Coast using my 40D with 100-400 zoom in AF servo mode. I wasn't entirely happy with the focussing. On the other hand, I didn't keep changing camera bodies between the 40D and 20D and the 5D so I could compare the rate of hits and misses. Maybe I'll do that some time.

My main gripe about the autofocussing capabilities of the 40D might simply be due to a miscalibration of the one lens which was the main reason for my getting the 40D in the first place, the EF-S 17-55/F2.8.

I returned the lens to Canon for calibration, but it seemed no different after they had apparently calibrated it. I was about to send it back a second time when I discovered that the nature of the focussing target changed the result.

In order to get this lens to focus on the wooden figurine in the image below, I had to tape to it a small cut-out containing contrasty text. Then both the 40D and 20D could autofucus accurately. Without that B&W text, neither the 40D nor 20D could autofocus accurately. They were both equally good or equally bad, with or without the text.

[attachment=7671:attachment]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211307\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have the 40d plus 17-55.  Focusing was terrible(front focus) until I returned the lens to Canon for adjustment. After that the combo focus is very sharp in all conditions. I sold the lens last week however since I found the flare to much to my taste.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up