Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any HP Geniuses out there??  (Read 1815 times)

karrphoto

Any HP Geniuses out there??
« on: July 21, 2008, 09:47:36 pm »

So I just picked up my Z3100 (24") and started running through the print setup.  Installed the inks, installed the heads.  going, going... "LM Faulty"  K.... Well, try reinserting.. "LM Faulty."  OK. Maybe the cartridge is bad?  I bought a twin pack of inks with the printer, break open LM and it starts doing it's thing.  I come back down about 30 minutes later to check on the printer and I get "LM near replacement" or something like that.  WTF?  So I pop it out and back in.  "LM Faulty."

Of course, HP phone support is 5AM-5PM PST, which blows.  So now I have to wait till tomorrow to see if they can help?   This is just annoying.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 04:26:02 am »

So I just picked up my Z3100 (24") and started running through the print setup.  Installed the inks, installed the heads.  going, going... "LM Faulty"  K.... Well, try reinserting.. "LM Faulty."  OK. Maybe the cartridge is bad?  I bought a twin pack of inks with the printer, break open LM and it starts doing it's thing.  I come back down about 30 minutes later to check on the printer and I get "LM near replacement" or something like that.  WTF?  So I pop it out and back in.  "LM Faulty."

Of course, HP phone support is 5AM-5PM PST, which blows.  So now I have to wait till tomorrow to see if they can help?   This is just annoying.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Of course there could be something wrong with the cart or the printer but you could try to clean the contacts of the LM carts with a soft dry cloth and the contact pins of the LM cart slot with a clean toothbrush and some cloth winded over that brush part, be gentle there. Let the printer initialise again, when I had some trouble with the printer in use it often has been resolved by just powering it off and let it resolve things with a new start up process.

Check any date on the LM carts whether they are for some reasons older than the other ones.

Ernst Dinkla

Try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]

karrphoto

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 03:08:42 pm »

Of course there could be something wrong with the cart or the printer but you could try to clean the contacts of the LM carts with a soft dry cloth and the contact pins of the LM cart slot with a clean toothbrush and some cloth winded over that brush part, be gentle there. Let the printer initialise again, when I had some trouble with the printer in use it often has been resolved by just powering it off and let it resolve things with a new start up process.

Check any date on the LM carts whether they are for some reasons older than the other ones.
Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=209877\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ernst-

Thanks.  Guess what we've found out so far is a Bongo (Bongo 0) is broken?  Or stuck in the up position when it's supposed to be down?   Well, at least from what the tech support said.  So I need to have a tech service it and replace the Bongo 0.  Whee.  Great.  Love my new printer.. if I could only print. (
Pages: [1]   Go Up