Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: House on The Hill image technique  (Read 2598 times)

etrexler

House on The Hill image technique
« on: July 21, 2008, 10:18:37 am »

Michael,

I absolutely love this image.  I would like to know the technique used to create it.  I'd never have thought of this approach.  It's very painterly which I love.

Eric

Steven Draper

• http://www.stevendraperphotography.com
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 12:02:19 pm »

Sorry I'm not "the master"  but it looks almost similar to an Ortan style effect.

However I'm not sure how you would do this in LR, perhaps I'll have a play later. I guess it won't be long before LR2 ships and we find out the new control. Image Overlay?????????????
image examples are at my website  [url=h

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography

John Lamb

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 01:34:48 am »

Michael,

I absolutely love this image.  I would like to know the technique used to create it.  I'd never have thought of this approach.  It's very painterly which I love.
Eric
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=209713\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A nice diffusion effect can be created by duplicating your final finished layer. Go to filter, other filter, highpass. Set the radius to 10 pixels, click ok. With your top layer active go to image adjustment, invert. Now change the blend mode of the top layer to softlight and adjust the opacity to taste.

I use this a lot to take off the harsh digital edge from pictures. It works particularly well on monochrome. I have quite a few examples on www.pbase.com/john_lamb

Regards John
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 01:35:54 am by John Lamb »
Pages: [1]   Go Up