Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Urgent help regarding contax g2  (Read 2990 times)

eitanwaks

Urgent help regarding contax g2
« on: July 22, 2005, 05:06:56 am »

bump

eitanwaks

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 10:17:22 am »

I recently purchased this camera and an interested in the shutter release cable.  Before I go out and buy one I would like to know the following: can I be press the shutter button halfway on the cable to autofocus, recompose, and then press the button than on the cable all the way in order to take the picture?  I'm asking if this is like the electric shutter release cables on Nikon cameras if you are familiar with these.

I need a swift answer because when I'm building the device that will help me use his camera (due to my handicap) and need to decide whether I can use one of these cables or whether I need to find a different solution.  

Thank you very much for your input

Lotus M50

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 12:27:59 am »

Sorry, but the remote electric shutter release for the Contax G2 will not allow you to depress it half way for focussing only.  It will only go all they way so it will focus and immediately take the picture.  It also has a lock on it to hold the shutter open for Bulb "B" exposures.  You could manually focus the camera first (MF mode), if that is an option for you.

Great camera with great lenses, if you can find a way to get the set-up to work for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up