Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canvas length prints too short on Epson 9880  (Read 2371 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Canvas length prints too short on Epson 9880
« on: July 19, 2008, 10:35:19 am »

I have seen other posts on this and tried some ideas, but I am still having issues on larger prints.  When printing on canvas with the 9880   the length of the print will always be short.  Width, will be fine.

Example, printing a 30 x 45" print, the 45" length will be approx 3/8" short.  When working with precut stretcher bars, this poses a true problem.  I have also found that the shortness will not always be the same amount, sometimes 1/4", sometimes 1/8" etc.

How are others working around this?    

Does the use of Imageprint or other RIP's get around this error.  

This only happens when I use Canvas, any other paper will be exactly the correct length.  The Canvas I am using, Breathing Color chromata White Glossy, Lexjet Sunset Glossy Canvas, and Epson's old 19mm canvas.  All react the same way.

Thanks
Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

mmurph

• http://
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 02:51:25 pm »

There are a few threads at the Yahoo Epson Wide Format forum on this. Some have it down to a formula.

I undertstand that it is from stretching with the canvas while printing. Not based on my own experience - check the threads.

Best,
Michael

Shawn

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 08:47:26 pm »

I have seen other posts on this and tried some ideas, but I am still having issues on larger prints.  When printing on canvas with the 9880   the length of the print will always be short.  Width, will be fine.

Example, printing a 30 x 45" print, the 45" length will be approx 3/8" short.  When working with precut stretcher bars, this poses a true problem.  I have also found that the shortness will not always be the same amount, sometimes 1/4", sometimes 1/8" etc.

How are others working around this?   

Does the use of Imageprint or other RIP's get around this error. 

This only happens when I use Canvas, any other paper will be exactly the correct length.  The Canvas I am using, Breathing Color chromata White Glossy, Lexjet Sunset Glossy Canvas, and Epson's old 19mm canvas.  All react the same way.

Thanks
Paul C
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=209367\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up