Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3100 and IGSFB  (Read 1559 times)

rsmith

z3100 and IGSFB
« on: July 17, 2008, 03:04:32 pm »

I am currently working on getting a large panorama printed through the z3100 (42"x177"), through a RIP software.  My boss loves the Baryta papers so we have been trying to get it printed on Ilford Gold Fibre Silk, the only problem is we are getting head strikes on the paper even with a high carriage setting.  We have also tried lower ink loads and raising humidity in the room to no avail.

Has anyone had this problem and switched to a baryta paper that doesn't have as much curl/cause head strikes?  Or any suggestions on paper with good dMax, but without the plastic like surface?

Thanks!
Ryan

Geoff Wittig

z3100 and IGSFB
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 06:03:45 am »

I am currently working on getting a large panorama printed through the z3100 (42"x177"), through a RIP software.  My boss loves the Baryta papers so we have been trying to get it printed on Ilford Gold Fibre Silk, the only problem is we are getting head strikes on the paper even with a high carriage setting.  We have also tried lower ink loads and raising humidity in the room to no avail.

Has anyone had this problem and switched to a baryta paper that doesn't have as much curl/cause head strikes?  Or any suggestions on paper with good dMax, but without the plastic like surface?

Thanks!
Ryan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=208965\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've been pretty happy with Hahnemuhle photo rag pearl recently. The paper base color is slightly warm like Ilford's GFS, and the hand feel is great just like the regular photo rag. D-max is not quite as good as GFS, but I like the color rendition a little more.

Bummer. I got good results with Ilford's paper in sheet sizes on my Z3100 and I'd been thinking about buying a roll. Guess I'll hold off on that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up