Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CaptureShop problem with MacPro  (Read 2977 times)

levinson

CaptureShop problem with MacPro
« on: July 16, 2008, 08:29:58 pm »

I have problem with CaptureShop and Sinarback 54M when shooting tethered on a MacPro 2.4ghz . I can only shoot until 22 images and the program hangs. I've tried installing version 5.4.xx to 5.5.xx to the current 5.6.1 and still gets the same results. So what I'm doing now is shooting tethered from my old G4 dual processor Quicksilver and transfer to the MacPro when it's time for exporting. There's a significant improvement in speed when exporting from a MacPro than from the old G4.

Another thing I've noticed is that when exporting cs files to tiff, it seems like version 5.6.1 utilizes only one processor because it's exporting one image at a time whereas the previous versions are exporting two images at a time. This is really frustating specially if you're exporting 200+ images late at night after a shoot and the images must be delivered first thing the next day.

Paging Thierry  

Cfranson

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 03:25:47 pm »

This is a known issue with Captureshop and the latest Mac Pro systems. There is a relevant note in the readme file for Captureshop 5.6.1 and the problem is apparently related to a bug in the Mac OS. The single CPU export was another change made to improve stability, and with luck that feature will come back one day.

levinson

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 09:23:40 pm »

This is a known issue with Captureshop and the latest Mac Pro systems. There is a relevant note in the readme file for Captureshop 5.6.1 and the problem is apparently related to a bug in the Mac OS. The single CPU export was another change made to improve stability, and with luck that feature will come back one day.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=208973\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yes, i've read it in the read me file and it's been months since the version 5.6.1 was released and i'm hoping that maybe there's a solution now to this problem. my dealer here told me that it could be the low power output of firewire port in these mac pro. i'm now thinking of getting those firewire pci express card to solve the low power output of the mac firewire port. do you think this is feasible?

ColinKing

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 03:17:02 pm »

I have problem with CaptureShop and Sinarback 54M when shooting tethered on a MacPro 2.4ghz . I can only shoot until 22 images and the program hangs. I've tried installing version 5.4.xx to 5.5.xx to the current 5.6.1 and still gets the same results. So what I'm doing now is shooting tethered from my old G4 dual processor Quicksilver and transfer to the MacPro when it's time for exporting. There's a significant improvement in speed when exporting from a MacPro than from the old G4.

Another thing I've noticed is that when exporting cs files to tiff, it seems like version 5.6.1 utilizes only one processor because it's exporting one image at a time whereas the previous versions are exporting two images at a time. This is really frustating specially if you're exporting 200+ images late at night after a shoot and the images must be delivered first thing the next day.

Paging Thierry 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=208799\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Levinson,

The problem your having is caused by a driver conflict.  I have an uninstaller/installer that should resolve the issue.  Please contact me directly at cking@sinarbron.com and I'll get it in your hands right away.  

Thanks!

Colin P. King
Product Manager
Sinar Bron Imaging
908 754 5800  
17 Progress St.
Edison, NJ 08820
cking@sinarbron.com
www.sinarbron.com

Prakash Patel

• http://www.prakashpatel.com
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 06:19:50 pm »

Levinson,

The problem your having is caused by a driver conflict.  I have an uninstaller/installer that should resolve the issue.  Please contact me directly at cking@sinarbron.com and I'll get it in your hands right away. 

Thanks!

Colin P. King
Product Manager
Sinar Bron Imaging
908 754 5800 
17 Progress St.
Edison, NJ 08820
cking@sinarbron.com
www.sinarbron.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=209779\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hey Colin

Welcome to the forum!

Its always great to have a manufacturer's  product manager  onboard........I know many reps
prefer to answer questions on a one to one basis ofline.

But I do think there is a value in discussing issues online as there are users that may have the same issue or more importantly, prospective users that are lurking here trying to gather information other than the brand marketing information broadcasted by various manufacturers.

As we all know none of the product offerings are perfect for the various different kind of shooters.......I  think it actually helps to know and discuss the short comings of the various products and  their workflows.

Thanks for becoming visible along with  Yair from Leaf and Thierry from Sinar
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 06:26:00 pm by Prakash Patel »
Pages: [1]   Go Up