Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to open files in Canon DPP  (Read 8729 times)

Mark F

How to open files in Canon DPP
« on: July 16, 2008, 05:07:25 pm »

I'm a new MAC user and the conversion from XP is driving me nuts. What should be simple stuff is taking me forever.  Anyway, I downloaded an 8gig card and somehow the images wound up in Image Browser instead of DPP.  Now when I open DPP to process the raw files, it does not see the images.  

Can someone tell me how to find the images using DPP?

Thanks.

Mark
Mark

francois

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 04:45:15 am »

I'm a new MAC user and the conversion from XP is driving me nuts. What should be simple stuff is taking me forever.  Anyway, I downloaded an 8gig card and somehow the images wound up in Image Browser instead of DPP.  Now when I open DPP to process the raw files, it does not see the images.   

Can someone tell me how to find the images using DPP?

Thanks.

Mark
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=208755\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Mark,
Use Spotlight to find your images. Just hit CMD +F (or in the Finder File>Find…). This should giive you the path to your images.

Let me know if it helps?
Francois

Mark F

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 10:28:53 am »

Francois,

I do not see the Spotlight in the DPP window.  Here is what I do see:

In the left column, under Folder View, under Users, under Pictures, I can locate the files. But whenever I click on a file it opens in Image Browser and not in DPP.  Somehow the picture files have become associated with Image Browser and will not open in DPP.  Any ideas on how to change this? I think that this is likely a MAC issue and not a Canon issue. I intend on buying the new version of Lightroom when it is released, so I have to solve this.

Thanks.

Mark

Mark,
Use Spotlight to find your images. Just hit CMD +F (or in the Finder File>Find…). This should giive you the path to your images.

Let me know if it helps?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=208852\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Mark

francois

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 11:19:40 am »

Francois,

I do not see the Spotlight in the DPP window.  Here is what I do see:

In the left column, under Folder View, under Users, under Pictures, I can locate the files. But whenever I click on a file it opens in Image Browser and not in DPP.  Somehow the picture files have become associated with Image Browser and will not open in DPP.  Any ideas on how to change this? I think that this is likely a MAC issue and not a Canon issue. I intend on buying the new version of Lightroom when it is released, so I have to solve this.

Thanks.

Mark
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=209129\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Mark,
Spotlight was a way to find where your files were on your hard drive. Since you know where they are, Spotlight is not needed.

To associate your Canon files (.CR2) to DPP is really easy. In the Finder, go to your Pictures folder and click on one of your CR2 file. You CR2 file will be selected. Now press CMD + I or use File > Get Info…. A new info window will be displayed. On the same line as  Open with:. click on the little triangle to make it point downward. From there, click on the pop-up menu and among the different choices, you should see DPP (Digital Photo Professional.app). Choose DPP and then click on the button Change All...  This will associate every .CR2 files to DPP.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 11:23:36 am by francois »
Francois

francois

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 11:47:01 am »

Here's a screnshot of the Get Info.
Let me know it works for you.
Francois

Mark F

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 02:52:02 pm »

FRANCOIS,

It worked perfectly. Thanks very  much for your help.

Mark

Here's a screnshot of the Get Info.
Let me know it works for you.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=209154\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Mark

francois

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 03:06:29 pm »

FRANCOIS,

It worked perfectly. Thanks very  much for your help.

Mark
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=209209\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Mark,
You're welcome. Have fun with your Mac…

Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up