Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100: print cost caculator?  (Read 2722 times)

aNTarTis

Z3100: print cost caculator?
« on: July 14, 2008, 05:07:33 pm »

I was using a online HP profit caculator for my prints. But since they changed his site , there is no more caculator... the link is broken.

I use differents kind of papers, and some cost more, some cost less. So, since there is no more caculator how can I do that myself? maybe better question is... how you know the cost of each thing you print in the z3100?

Gemmtech

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 06:21:55 pm »

WOW, another one of those questions that confuses me!     I own a lot of printers and do a a large volume of printing daily with a variety of printers and we did do some cost analysis several years back to see what prints were costing us;  We print color high-resolution 3D images produced by CAD based software and I wanted to see which printer to buy.  We started out using Epson printers because they were the best, but then we started using Canon printers for all the prints because of their superior speed.  However we were having clients call and say "My prints faded and I wanted to keep them" so we would use our Epson printers which was not having that problem, soon we will use 100% Epson because they are getting faster.  I will have to check my records but I believe an 8x10 was costing us about .55 at the time for ink and paper, that number sticks out but the darn 11 x 17 and 12 x 18 I don't remember, but it was "cheap".  

Now, the question, do photographers really care about the cost of the ink and paper when making prints?  I must admit for my hobby of photography I don't give a damn about the cost of the ink / paper because it's always been substantially cheaper for me to print my own than to have a professional company do it.  I remember checking the cost of 8 x 10 prints using an Epson 1280 using Epson glossy photo paper and I think it was about .55.  

If you sell a print for $50.00 or $100.00 does it matter if the print is $5.00 or $10.00?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 06:24:46 pm by Gemmtech »

aNTarTis

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 06:29:34 pm »

the problem is, I no print 1 or 2 copies.... I print like 3 rolls of 100' per 44" in 1 job.....   so, if I know how cost each square feet, is kinda easier for me to caculate the cost when I print that quantity...

Jon Abbott

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 01:05:47 pm »

Use (click) the Accounting function in the HP Printer Utility. It will list all your recent jobs (even jobs you have deleted) and details. Click Export to Excel. You can then use Excel to total ink and/or paper usage and multiply by any cost per unit you choose to use.

I was using a online HP profit caculator for my prints. But since they changed his site , there is no more caculator... the link is broken.

I use differents kind of papers, and some cost more, some cost less. So, since there is no more caculator how can I do that myself? maybe better question is... how you know the cost of each thing you print in the z3100?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=208183\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up