Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few b&w's  (Read 2059 times)

dwood

A few b&w's
« on: July 14, 2008, 09:05:06 am »

I live in Maine, and on occasion, it gets foggy...
[attachment=7443:attachment]
[attachment=7444:attachment]
[attachment=7445:attachment]

popnfresh

A few b&w's
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 12:27:38 pm »

The fog works against the first shot of the gull on the rock. The scene is just too washed out. The second shot is better, but there's not much interesting going on in the foreground. However, the third shot with the lighthouse in the background haze is quite cool. Again, I find myself wishing that the foreground wasn't so boring. Those rocks don't do much for me. But the spectral lighthouse looming out of the fog is visually exciting behind a crisp foreground. And I like the shot's deep focus. Having the lighthouse in focus, yet in fog, works better than if it were out of focus. Your concept was good, but you need to go back there and reshoot. Perhaps taking the shot from a higher perspective so that we see more of the rocks leading up the lighthouse would work. I often bring a stepladder with me when I shoot, because I often find that I need a slightly higher vantage point (it helps to have a tall tripod too). And/or you might try putting something interesting on those rocks--a person, a potted begonia. Something.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 12:46:24 pm by popnfresh »
Pages: [1]   Go Up