Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Experiences w/Transferred Phase VA Warranty  (Read 3926 times)

ricm

• http://www.richardmurai.com
Experiences w/Transferred Phase VA Warranty
« on: July 13, 2008, 01:07:26 am »

Hi Folks - I'm considering purchasing a used P45/45+ with remaining Value Added warranty. I've been told that Phase warrants the back and not the owner(s) so all aspects of the warranty are available to subsequent owners. I have some questions:

1. Is this true? Has anyone experienced problems?

2. Will I encounter problems dealing with Phase directly as I may not have access to the original dealer, and for that matter ...

3. Will the dealer be amenable to offering the same warranty assistance --warranty-- issues as if I was the original buyer, and for that matter ....

4. Are warranty issues best dealt with using a dealer as a go-between or just as/more expedient dealing with Phase direct?

5. And are ALL aspects transferrable - platform swap, international warranty?

Hope to hear from owners, dealers, etc.

Thanks - Rick

www.richardmurai.com

Henry Goh

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 02:38:34 am »

Hi Folks - I'm considering purchasing a used P45/45+ with remaining Value Added warranty. I've been told that Phase warrants the back and not the owner(s) so all aspects of the warranty are available to subsequent owners. I have some questions:

2. Will I encounter problems dealing with Phase directly as I may not have access to the original dealer, and for that matter ...

3. Will the dealer be amenable to offering the same warranty assistance --warranty-- issues as if I was the original buyer, and for that matter ....

4. Are warranty issues best dealt with using a dealer as a go-between or just as/more expedient dealing with Phase direct?

Thanks - Rick

www.richardmurai.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207757\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Rick,

There's one stickler that has held me back from buying a used Phaseone back is that you cannot deal directly with Phaseone.  They insist that you go through a dealer.  I have asked P1 directly on their forum so it's official.

amsp

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 06:04:04 am »

Thanks - Rick

www.richardmurai.com
I'll answer these based on my own experience...

1.) Warranty is tied to the back and not the owner.

2.) You can get tech support directly from PhaseOne, but you need to go through a dealer if you're sending in the back for repairs.

3.) Any PhaseOne dealer is obliged to help you if you have problems, regardless where you bought it.

4.) See nr. 2.

5.) Yes, everything is transferable. It's all tied to the back.

DesW

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 08:10:16 am »

Thanks - Rick

www.richardmurai.com

Hi, I have dealt with Phase Dealers/Reps(?)ad nausem in three Countries and can catergorically state you CAN deal direct with the Factory on Problems--no way will they leave one of their MF Back owners in the lurch.

I purchased my personal P25 from an Overseas dealer while on an assignment once I left that Country --that Dealer did'nt give a Rat's ass  good bye and good riddance was his Motto!

One week later the Back kept falling off my H1!!!!-- my home country Dealer did'nt want to know in fact even Emailed me of his chagrin at me NOT purchasing from him--and I had'nt asked for assistance even.

Email to Flemming at Phase factory-- NEW BACK SENT IMMEDIATELY-- without question!--I still had the old back--I promptly repaid their generosity by returning the Faulty one in question.

Score Phase One Brilliant 100 --- two useless Dealers--NIL.

Second same back lost the tiny pin holding the CF door open--the little bugger fell into the back--
paranoia--would it arc across the circuit board?--oh dear what to do-Email to Phase support

Reply  said send Back immediately we will rectify /service clean/etc FOC --did same and back returned in  pristine condition within 8 days. ( I live in the furthest tip of my country 2000 miles form any dealers)

Score another 100 Phase service-- Dealers-NIL

Another point-- I have Capture One Pro on two computers already--my assistant needed it also as we required two Laptops for a certain shoot, I asked Support if they would allow me a third license--this was granted without question-likewise last week I enquired could I activate an old version of 3.7.4 for some RAW processing classes I was holding for some local students( I had to use the  Tech in house MAC)--this was granted immediately

Score further 100 Phase service-- I probably be still waiting for the Dealers to come back from lunch--Duhh!

Even the smallest queries are answered promptly and courteously by Phase support Ulf and his team are beyond reproach and I heartily recommend them--so do not worry-- they will support you.

Wonder how the others are fairing?

Des W

jonstewart

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 08:29:11 am »

The software is completely 100% NOT transferrable, as I found to my cost. Yes, you have access to the DB version, but not the Pro version, assuming that there are not any activations left.

With version 4 you should ensure that the previous owner has deactivated his installations, and then you can check the number of installations left, using that licence number.

Another note of caution: I have not yet required phase support, but (in EU) when they (Phase themselves, rather than any dealer) found I had purchased mine in the US, just didn't want to know, so my experience is completely at odds with Des above.

Unlikely to buy another phase back.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 08:32:28 am by jonstewart »
Jon Stewart
 If only life were so simple.

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 04:26:44 pm »

I'll answer these based on my own experience...

1.) Warranty is tied to the back and not the owner.

2.) You can get tech support directly from PhaseOne, but you need to go through a dealer if you're sending in the back for repairs.

3.) Any PhaseOne dealer is obliged to help you if you have problems, regardless where you bought it.

4.) See nr. 2.

5.) Yes, everything is transferable. It's all tied to the back.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ASMP is correct on all of his replies.  The warranty is tied to the back and travels with it internationally.  For tech support you can go directly to Phase One, but I might recommend going through your local dealer.  If you have a problem with your back, your local dealer can help you out with diagnosing the issue and start a support case if needed.  They can be your liaison between you and Phase One.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
chris@captureintegration.com
[a href=\"http://www.captureintegration.com]Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year[/url]

877-217-9870 | National
404-234-5195 | Cell  

DesW

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 04:33:33 pm »

The software is completely 100% NOT transferrable, as I found to my cost. Yes, you have access to the DB version, but not the Pro version, assuming that there are not any activations left.

With version 4 you should ensure that the previous owner has deactivated his installations, and then you can check the number of installations left, using that licence number.

Another note of caution: I have not yet required phase support, but (in EU) when they (Phase themselves, rather than any dealer) found I had purchased mine in the US, just didn't want to know, so my experience is completely at odds with Des above.

Unlikely to buy another phase back.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207801\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Jon,
Hmmm -- Def not my experience with Phase support--ah well can't win em' all I suppose.

Are you sure you did not ask support  direct for License extensions?-- they have never let me down on this .

Incidentally my experience mirrors yours with an American Phase rep( boss sic) whom offered help on my problems above--when he found out I did'nt purchase from his local mob he dropped me like a hot potato.

Great PR for Phase--NOT.

Des W

narikin

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 04:45:24 pm »

no problems at - all a friend bought his P45 back on Ebay, and transferred it to another platform (Contax > Hassy if I remember right) via the dealer, all fine.
they almost never go wrong so you'd have to be really unlucky to have big problems anyway.
I'd go for it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 04:45:40 pm by narikin »

jonstewart

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 06:12:19 pm »

Hi Jon,
Hmmm -- Def not my experience with Phase support--ah well can't win em' all I suppose.

Are you sure you did not ask support  direct for License extensions?-- they have never let me down on this .

Incidentally my experience mirrors yours with an American Phase rep( boss sic) whom offered help on my problems above--when he found out I did'nt purchase from his local mob he dropped me like a hot potato.

Great PR for Phase--NOT.

Des W
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207902\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oh, there was no problem with the original dealer- they were excellent. They got licence extensions, but only for small number. Now, I recommission my computers every 6-7 months, and prior to version 4 (where there was no deactivation feature) I ran out of licences. I now have one copy of Pro running on the desktop, and db running on the notebook - fine for tethered shooting with the back, but it would have been far better to have pro on both, and process all incoming files with one workflow.

It's utterly incomprehensible when you spend ca $20K on a back (I've had mine a while) and they're so bloody minded that they won't transfer the licence to you, and allow you the (I believe) default 5 activations.

My encounter with Phase was at one of the big trade shows. Had a question or two for them. They're first response was, what dealer did you buy from, and when I told them I had bought it in the US, they just stopped in mid sentence and stride and told me there was nothing they could do for me.

How's that for a complete p1ss take!

I'm glad however, that your experience was different. I hope my back never does fail, because, despite Chris' assurances, I have absolutely no faith in them servicing me.

Hope this helps.
Jon Stewart

Snook

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 08:09:32 pm »

Oh, there was no problem with the original dealer- they were excellent. They got licence extensions, but only for small number. Now, I recommission my computers every 6-7 months, and prior to version 4 (where there was no deactivation feature) I ran out of licences. I now have one copy of Pro running on the desktop, and db running on the notebook - fine for tethered shooting with the back, but it would have been far better to have pro on both, and process all incoming files with one workflow.

It's utterly incomprehensible when you spend ca $20K on a back (I've had mine a while) and they're so bloody minded that they won't transfer the licence to you, and allow you the (I believe) default 5 activations.

My encounter with Phase was at one of the big trade shows. Had a question or two for them. They're first response was, what dealer did you buy from, and when I told them I had bought it in the US, they just stopped in mid sentence and stride and told me there was nothing they could do for me.

How's that for a complete p1ss take!

I'm glad however, that your experience was different. I hope my back never does fail, because, despite Chris' assurances, I have absolutely no faith in them servicing me.

Hope this helps.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207928\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'LL let you know soon as I just had a back go on me and it was bought second hand with warranty.
My local dealer tried saying that since I bought the back from the US he would not be able to help me..
That was a while ago , but now they are helping me and even are lending me a P45 fro a couple of days.
I just had a thought. Does anybody know what turn around time should be from south america?
I have a P30 under warranty until dec 2008 kind of die. The dealer here for sure has no technical equipment so it will go out for sure and I cannot be too long with out a back.
Not sure how long they are going to lend me the P45?
Luckily I am going on a 3 week vacation soon and will not need the back, but would anyone guess what the turn around times usually are?
Chris Clawery has been really helpful just through this forum and I have never bought anything from him.. Thanks again..:+]
Snook

jonstewart

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 08:25:58 pm »

Chris Clawery has been really helpful just through this forum and I have never bought anything from him.. Thanks again..:+]
Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207954\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, Snook, and btw, I have and he is helpful!
TIA
Jon Stewart

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 03:01:33 pm »

Thanks, Snook, and btw, I have and he is helpful!
TIA
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you both for the kind words!

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
chris@captureintegration.com
[a href=\"http://www.captureintegration.com]Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year[/url]

877-217-9870 | National  Atlanta / Miami
404-234-5195 | Cell  
Pages: [1]   Go Up