Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new Z3100 drivers  (Read 3061 times)

rdonson

new Z3100 drivers
« on: July 11, 2008, 06:10:22 pm »

I got an alert from HP today for a new driver and checked out the website.  My base Z3100 24" has a new driver available with the memorable name of 61.73.361.41

Its easy to see    that this is an update to my current driver 61.71.361.42  

The info on the update and what it does is pretty thin..... still I think I'll give it a try.

============================================

* Latest Troja12 PCL3 and HPGL2 Mombi GM drivers have been integrated.
    * Latest version of ICC Profiles has been integrated.
    * Latest Mariner5.2 CPE5 binaries have been integrated.

Previous fixes:

* Incorrect alert is displayed for different paper type loaded although there is no discrepancy
    * Change media names to fit HP one-voice rev2 standards
    * AutoCAD 2008 hangs when user creates a custom paper size
    * An exception code appears when the driver preferences are accessed after upgrade drivers and software from Post-Intro to Post Post-Intro with the hybrid DVD
    * Customer has to change the palette in the front panel depending on the applicaion being used to send job
    * Fatal error pops up in AutoCAD 2007 and 2008, in Korean language, after preview option
    * HP Print Preview was not displayed. This has been fixed in RC

===============================================

Let the fun begin....

Oh yeah,  this is a 91 MB download
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 06:25:40 pm by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
new Z3100 drivers
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 03:34:56 am »

A lot of the things in that list are for the PS and or print language options. They shouldn't change anything on a raster driver model.
If you have no problems with the version 41 driver you might want to leave things as they are.

rdonson

new Z3100 drivers
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 03:17:27 pm »

I think you're right, Neil.  The only thing new is ICC profiles and since I make my own with APS I'm not sure there's anything of value in this release.

It is really weird that they listed the stuff for PS when this is the info for the raster print driver.  Oh well.... still lots of room for improvement at HP.
Regards,
Ron

mango

new Z3100 drivers
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 09:59:02 am »

I have just upgraded to the latest 44" vanilla XP driver, because my HP Print utility had gone up the wall and I needed to do a reinstall.

Since upgrading to this driver I can no longer enter a custom paper size that is shorter than it is wide, eg 610 x 400. The error message says to enter it as, say, 400 x 600 and print in landscape, rather than portrait...

... however, printing from Qimage, the 'landscape' option is ignored, and I am  wasting a huge amount of paper!

Any Ideas?
Or is there anywhere I can download an older driver from?

Ta, anna

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography
new Z3100 drivers
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 01:00:19 pm »

I have just upgraded to the latest 44" vanilla XP driver, because my HP Print utility had gone up the wall and I needed to do a reinstall.

Since upgrading to this driver I can no longer enter a custom paper size that is shorter than it is wide, eg 610 x 400. The error message says to enter it as, say, 400 x 600 and print in landscape, rather than portrait...

... however, printing from Qimage, the 'landscape' option is ignored, and I am  wasting a huge amount of paper!

Any Ideas?

Ta, anna
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=209361\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I had the same problem.  I upgraded.  Added a paper 24inches by 18 inches and it would only accept as 18 inches by 24 inches. I was wasting some paper when I selected this size till I remembered to select Landscape vs. portrait for printing.  It is a bit of a pain, but if you remember to select landscape for these sizes that are shorted than the width you should be OK.

Geoff Wittig

new Z3100 drivers
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 01:13:07 pm »

I had the same problem.  I upgraded.  Added a paper 24inches by 18 inches and it would only accept as 18 inches by 24 inches. I was wasting some paper when I selected this size till I remembered to select Landscape vs. portrait for printing.  It is a bit of a pain, but if you remember to select landscape for these sizes that are shorted than the width you should be OK.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=209745\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, but at least this iteration of the driver has an accurate preview. I don't waste paper anymore when it tries to print landscape on a portrait page or vice versa. It also doesn't cut off the first few inches of roll paper every time you load it, and it does a much better job of remembering custom paper sizes.

namartinnz

new Z3100 drivers
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 10:53:42 pm »

... however, printing from Qimage, the 'landscape' option is ignored, and I am  wasting a huge amount of paper!

Any Ideas?

Ta, anna
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=209361\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I had the same issue with paper size settings that really annoyed me. I did a sytem restore to the previous driver now back to normal again. However I still get Luster papers trimmed off when first loading in the roll. I wouldn't think a newer driver would change this, more of a firmware issue isn't it?  

Neal
Pages: [1]   Go Up