Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crop tool in PS  (Read 2286 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Crop tool in PS
« on: July 11, 2008, 12:11:13 pm »

When I use the crop tool in Photoshop CS3, the marquee "snaps" outwards to the edge of the image as I approach and won't then leave the edge until I move the mouse far enough to make it leap several pixels inwards. This makes an accurate crop of a small amount of dead space rather tricky to achieve.

Is there a way to turn this behaviour off? I've looked in PS help and tried pressing various modifers, but to no avail.

I've not encountered the problem before: I suppose my cropping must always have been cruder in the past.

Mac OS 10.5, in case it makes any difference.

TIA

Jeremy

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Crop tool in PS
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 12:43:43 pm »

Is there a way to turn this behaviour off? I've looked in PS help and tried pressing various modifers, but to no avail.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207318\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hold the Control key when moving the handles to defeat the snap to behavior...

Ken Rahaim

• http://globaldriftersphoto.com
Crop tool in PS
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 03:30:44 pm »

Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, in PSCS3 its as simple as toggling View->Snap To and turning on or off whichever behaviour you want.
Ken Rahaim

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Crop tool in PS
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 06:02:05 am »

Hold the Control key when moving the handles to defeat the snap to behavior...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207334\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Wow, Jeff - a reply in 32 minutes! I bet you'll beat the half hour when I post my next question.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, in PSCS3 its as simple as toggling View->Snap To and turning on or off whichever behaviour you want.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207379\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you both. Ken's solution makes permanent that which Jeff's accomplishes temporarily.

Maybe I'm just trying to justify my failure of imagination, but isn't the View menu a ludicrous place to put the Snap items? They have nothing to do with what you view on screen: "snap to" is an editing function. Ah well.

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up