Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with EMAIL NOTIFICATION....  (Read 2064 times)

Dinarius

Problem with EMAIL NOTIFICATION....
« on: July 10, 2008, 02:26:50 am »

Firstly, apologies for posting this here, but I am getting precisely nowhere on this problem in my correspondence with those in charge here.

Secondly, I know that some of you are software wizards and you might be able to suggest what the problem is.

My problem is simply this:

When I subscribe to a thread (e.g. by making a post on it) instead of receiving *ONE* reminder email when a new post is made to the thread, I receive a reminder email for *EVERY* new reply to that thread.

The result is that, with a popular thread like the Hasselblad 50MP one, I end up with loads of emails in my Inbox - 25 this morning     - all relating to the same thread. Crazy!

Right now at this link>

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....=UserCP&CODE=02

...I have the "Enable Email notification by default?" box *UNTICKED*, and I have "No email notification" selected from the dropdown menu, so I should NOT be receiving ANY reminder emails. Yet, I am still being deluged with reminder emails.

Am I the only one that this is happening to?

By the way, I am PC/XP Pro/Firefox, if that makes a difference.

Help!  

Thanks.

D.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 02:35:15 am by Dinarius »

Yoram from Berlin

• Yoram Roth Photography
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 06:27:57 am »

I wouldn't mind getting an email every time, if it included the posted reply. But all we get is a notification that a new post was made.

jecxz

• http://www.jecxz.com
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 07:11:52 am »

Secondly, I know that some of you are software wizards and you might be able to suggest what the problem is.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206905\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
D, at the top of each topic page should be Track this Topic link. Click there, select Daily Digest. Otherwise it will send a separate email for each response to your tracked topic. Be well.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 07:17:28 am by jecxz »

Dinarius

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 11:06:44 am »

I wouldn't mind getting an email every time, if it included the posted reply. But all we get is a notification that a new post was made.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206934\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You can. It's one of the options in email settings. See my link above.

D,

Thanks for the reply. I never use the link at the top of the thread. Surely, if you set email settings to receive immediate notification that should be enough AND you should only receive ONE email until you next visit the thread? That's the way just about every forum on the web operates.

I'm sure I read something about it being LL's policy to only send one email between visits, but I can't find where I read it. Annoying!  

D.

jecxz

• http://www.jecxz.com
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 12:35:14 pm »

You can. It's one of the options in email settings. See my link above.

D,

Thanks for the reply. I never use the link at the top of the thread. Surely, if you set email settings to receive immediate notification that should be enough AND you should only receive ONE email until you next visit the thread? That's the way just about every forum on the web operates.

I'm sure I read something about it being LL's policy to only send one email between visits, but I can't find where I read it. Annoying!   

D.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206998\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, you are right, sorry, I did misunderstand. Be well.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 09:19:20 pm »

Yes, you are right, sorry, I did misunderstand. Be well.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207029\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You don't really want to look at an emailed text, you want to see the linked original because of edits.

The sole case where one does want to see full text is probably the Buy and Sell forum.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: [1]   Go Up