Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar CMV shutter Problem  (Read 2516 times)

fpoole

• http://www.frankpoole.com
Sinar CMV shutter Problem
« on: July 09, 2008, 07:17:25 pm »

Has anyone  had a sticking flash contact problem with a Sinar cmv shutter?  This particular one has already been back to the factory for the same problem.  It worked fine for a few months and now is showing the same symptoms again.  And of course it is an intermittent problem which makes it even more frustrating. Sometimes when I fire the the flash the sync contact remains in the open position.
Using a pocket wizard the red led remains on.  Same problem with a sync cord straight to the strobe.
I can usually release it by clicking on live video and opening the shutter.   The problem is when making 4-shot captures, the flash may not fire for all 4 exposures.  I was using a rental lens today and the same problem occurred.  The strange thing is that it usually starts to happen late in the afternoon after shooting all day.  
Mechanical issue, connections, software??? Any ideas about this would be greatly appreciated.  I'm using it on a P3 with a 54H back.  

Best,

Frank Poole
www.frankpoole.com

ColinKing

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 11:44:52 am »

Has anyone  had a sticking flash contact problem with a Sinar cmv shutter?  This particular one has already been back to the factory for the same problem.  It worked fine for a few months and now is showing the same symptoms again.  And of course it is an intermittent problem which makes it even more frustrating. Sometimes when I fire the the flash the sync contact remains in the open position.
Using a pocket wizard the red led remains on.  Same problem with a sync cord straight to the strobe.
I can usually release it by clicking on live video and opening the shutter.   The problem is when making 4-shot captures, the flash may not fire for all 4 exposures.  I was using a rental lens today and the same problem occurred.  The strange thing is that it usually starts to happen late in the afternoon after shooting all day. 
Mechanical issue, connections, software??? Any ideas about this would be greatly appreciated.  I'm using it on a P3 with a 54H back. 

Best,

Frank Poole
www.frankpoole.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206824\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Frank,

I've a couple of suggestions for you that will alleviate the issues your experiencing.  I left a message for you at your studio this morning.  Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience.  

Thanks!

Colin P. King
Product Manager
17 Progress St.
Edison, NJ 08820
cking@sinarbron.com
www.sinarbron.com
1 800 456 0203

fpoole

• http://www.frankpoole.com
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 02:46:15 pm »

Thanks for the quick response and suggestions Colin.  I am in the process of testing and eliminating
all possible connection issues.  Because it is so intermittent and happened with 2 different shutters, this is what I think it is.  

Best,

Frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up