Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Film Recorder  (Read 2229 times)

Eric Cable

Film Recorder
« on: July 09, 2008, 04:18:00 pm »

I am trying to produce real, live, toned BW fiber prints from digital files, and am wondering if anyone still outputs files via film recorders?  I remember doing this in the early days of digital for my first portfolios, but never did make darkroom prints from any of the negs (or positives, actually).  I have already tried the Ilford fiber paper from Dalmation, and it was ok, but not exactly what I am looking for.  Ideally, I am looking for a service bureau that can output my P45 files at their native resolution to a piece of 4x5 negative film that can then be printed in a wet darkroom.  Does this work, and anyone know who can do this?

Thanks,

Eric Cable

William Morse

• http://https://MorseEditions.com
Film Recorder
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 04:32:16 pm »

Hi Eric-

Try Bowhaus in LA. As of a couple of years ago, they were excellent. You want a RES-80 Neg (if your digital file is large enough) from an LVT recorder. Do not get a neg from a CRT- based recorder.

HTH-

Bill

I am trying to produce real, live, toned BW fiber prints from digital files, and am wondering if anyone still outputs files via film recorders?  I remember doing this in the early days of digital for my first portfolios, but never did make darkroom prints from any of the negs (or positives, actually).  I have already tried the Ilford fiber paper from Dalmation, and it was ok, but not exactly what I am looking for.  Ideally, I am looking for a service bureau that can output my P45 files at their native resolution to a piece of 4x5 negative film that can then be printed in a wet darkroom.  Does this work, and anyone know who can do this?

Thanks,

Eric Cable
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206752\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Wm. Morse Editions
A Fine-Art Digital Pr

aeroektar

Film Recorder
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 08:29:31 pm »

Try David at DR5.com. You can't go wrong with him.

Pages: [1]   Go Up