Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any experience with Linhof Technikardan 23 ?  (Read 10146 times)

rueyloon

• http://www.36frames.com
Any experience with Linhof Technikardan 23 ?
« on: July 07, 2008, 10:03:36 pm »

hello

hi, just saw that Linhof have a nice little camera called the technikardan 23, but from my own search on google, the love for it is much less than say the arca swiss 6x9, does anyone here have any experience with the Linhof ? looking at the construction, the linhof looks more sturdy... is it so ?

yaya

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 09:37:13 am »

hello

hi, just saw that Linhof have a nice little camera called the technikardan 23, but from my own search on google, the love for it is much less than say the arca swiss 6x9, does anyone here have any experience with the Linhof ? looking at the construction, the linhof looks more sturdy... is it so ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206318\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's a lovely little camera but unfortunately although it is/ was very good for film, it is not sturdy/ accurate enough for digital use. I know more than one photographer who tried it initially and then moved to another platform (Arca-Swiss F69).

Also, it is only provided with a universal (V-series) mount for digital backs and there is no option for a sliding adapter, much like the 4X5 version.

Yair

Bernhard

• http://www.bernhardphotographer.com
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:59:09 am »

I've owned the TK23 for 2 years now, used mostly with digitar 35mm and P45+ h-mount.

Yair was right about the V-series mount but Linhof introduced adapter for contax,hass V&H and Mam last photokina. It uses phase one adapters plate(the same used in P1 sliding adapter)

it's the most compact camera I could find except for the Silvestri cameras, I can have the Linhof, Hass H system and Canon 1dsMkII with lenses all in one Lowepro backpack

the only downside is there is no sliding adapter availeble and is very unlikely to be made.

but I would highly recommend it for the architecture/landscape photographer traveling light

rueyloon

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 10:07:45 am »

Also, it is only provided with a universal (V-series) mount for digital backs and there is no option for a sliding adapter, much like the 4X5 version.

Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206391\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

actually, they have digital back adapters now, for all available mounts, you can see it in the linhof PDF from their website. And as for sliding back, there is a chinese made one that can be bought from ebay. Which is why I'm taking another look at this camera.

My only beef with my arca swiss is that the standard is much higher over the rails, which contributes to instability, and the rail is too stiff for me to make those 0.5m 0.3mm adjustments. If the rail on the linhof is smoother it will make it easier.

cheers

rueyloon

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 10:10:00 am »

I've owned the TK23 for 2 years now, used mostly with digitar 35mm and P45+ h-mount.

Yair was right about the V-series mount but Linhof introduced adapter for contax,hass V&H and Mam last photokina. It uses phase one adapters plate(the same used in P1 sliding adapter)

it's the most compact camera I could find except for the Silvestri cameras, I can have the Linhof, Hass H system and Canon 1dsMkII with lenses all in one Lowepro backpack

the only downside is there is no sliding adapter availeble and is very unlikely to be made.

but I would highly recommend it for the architecture/landscape photographer traveling light
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206397\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi, how much is the left over margin when you focus the 35mm at infinity ?
Just to share, my arca swiss which is an earlier version, I can't invert the rear standard, hence when I'm using the 35mm, I have exactly 2mm left when focussed at infinity.

cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up