Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Puzzled  (Read 5692 times)

doccash

Puzzled
« on: July 06, 2008, 08:26:55 pm »

Today I was fortunate to photograph a group of wild turkeys in the greenest grass imaginable. Photo equipment is as follows: Canon 30D, Canon 300mm F4 IS, Canon 70-200 F2.8 (non-IS). Turkeys were patient so lenses were changed and camera styles were changed from standard to landscape to portrait. ISO was set at 100 and 400 and white balance was used at AWB, shade and cloudy. Now the shooting conditions were almost perfect, down in a canyon 9AM brilliant sunshine very large shade trees and brilliant green (mowed) grass. This was a golf course. The grass at the turkeys feet was washed out and almost white while the surrounding grass and background was green. I use center point focus and spot metered on the birds. Thanks in advance for any input. doccash

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Puzzled
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 09:28:22 pm »

Today I was fortunate to photograph a group of wild turkeys in the greenest grass imaginable. Photo equipment is as follows: Canon 30D, Canon 300mm F4 IS, Canon 70-200 F2.8 (non-IS). Turkeys were patient so lenses were changed and camera styles were changed from standard to landscape to portrait. ISO was set at 100 and 400 and white balance was used at AWB, shade and cloudy. Now the shooting conditions were almost perfect, down in a canyon 9AM brilliant sunshine very large shade trees and brilliant green (mowed) grass. This was a golf course. The grass at the turkeys feet was washed out and almost white while the surrounding grass and background was green. I use center point focus and spot metered on the birds. Thanks in advance for any input. doccash
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206058\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Euh... please forgive me, but I read your post twice and am not sure whether you are asking a question or just sharing your happiness to have had a great shooting opportunity.

Is you problem with the color of the grass near the turkeys?

Regards,
Bernard

doccash

Puzzled
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 09:51:02 pm »

Euh... please forgive me, but I read your post twice and am not sure whether you are asking a question or just sharing your happiness to have had a great shooting opportunity.

Is you problem with the color of the grass near the turkeys?

Regards,
Bernard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206067\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Sorry, it was a great shooting opportunity, and you are correct that I am unhappy that the turkeys were not standing in green grass. Thank you for the reply. DrC

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
Puzzled
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 10:01:53 pm »

You mention your ISO and that shooting conditions were almost perfect, but don't say if you actually shot anything.  Take any photos?  I seem to recall an expression about a photo being worth a great many words . . .
-Ron H.

-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

doccash

Puzzled
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 10:59:51 pm »

I simply cannot figure out how to post the turkey images that I have in Photobucket. Sorry, Dr.C

Mike Louw

• http://www.dreaminglight.com
Puzzled
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 05:56:59 pm »

Like so:

(img)http://photobucket.com/your_image_url.jpg(/img). Replace the (brackets) with [square brackets]

Best to keep the image 600 pixels or less on longest side to avoid forum blowout.

Mike

For example:

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Puzzled
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 01:51:09 am »

Seems to me that turkey has been heavily Photoshopped!

(just kidding...)

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

framah

Puzzled
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 05:48:41 pm »

That must be one of the turkeys that Fox News photoshopped!!    
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Petrjay

Puzzled
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 08:15:13 pm »

That must be one of the turkeys that Fox News photoshopped!!    
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206503\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

LMAO - Actually, the turkeys on The Fox News Channel host their own programs. I strongly suspect that Mike's bird is a blatant plug for the Gannett News Corp.

Rob C

Puzzled
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 12:15:15 pm »

Stealth Bomber.

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up