Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CaptureOne 4 color fringing removal  (Read 2370 times)

michaelnotar

CaptureOne 4 color fringing removal
« on: July 06, 2008, 06:36:01 pm »

does chromatic fringing reduction/correction affect image quality negatively...? i know if improves CA obviously, curious to know if there is any side effects? using capture one v4.1.

also to the dealers.... are there any plans for CA correction of view camera lenses? i see with my Mamiay 645AFD2 since it has metadata, CA can be corrected, but on the WDS or view camera there is none. i look forward to being able to correct this.

thanks

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 08:47:00 pm »

No, I don't think that there are any negative side effects. You are actually reducing an aberration in a mathematically correct way.

I don't see that correcting CA is dependent on metadata, but I don't think it can be done on a shifted lens, at least not easily.

Best regards
Erik

does chromatic fringing reduction/correction affect image quality negatively...? i know if improves CA obviously, curious to know if there is any side effects? using capture one v4.1.

also to the dealers.... are there any plans for CA correction of view camera lenses? i see with my Mamiay 645AFD2 since it has metadata, CA can be corrected, but on the WDS or view camera there is none. i look forward to being able to correct this.

thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206028\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 08:49:36 pm by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

michaelnotar

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 11:24:03 pm »

No, I don't think that there are any negative side effects. You are actually reducing an aberration in a mathematically correct way.

I don't see that correcting CA is dependent on metadata, but I don't think it can be done on a shifted lens, at least not easily.

Best regards
Erik
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206061\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thanks the long story is that since the back is attached to a camera and lens to electronically communicate with i noticed that the CA removal is supported in C1 4 with images from such, but not when i shoot with a view camera where the lens and back are merely synced together, but no further communication is present.

i would hope for a near future adjustment to correct CA, an auto feature would be nice, but also like the manual sliders like in ACR.
Pages: [1]   Go Up