Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading from 30D to 450D  (Read 8147 times)

The View

Upgrading from 30D to 450D
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 03:37:34 am »

Here's a thread that discusses the camera vs. personal preferences thing.

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=24890
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 05:42:08 am »

When I was using the 350D it was rugged enough and weather proof enough for my needs and I got some very nice photographs with it. Now my shooting partner is using it and it is still producing some very nice results. I'd be very happy to use a 450D.

One thing though, that I haven't seen mentioned is those custom function settings. Does the 450D have them? There are several things I really like about the 40D (size and weight, frame rate and so on) but when out shooting in the late afternoon I often hear birds calling some 3 or 4 seconds before they appear and selecting one of the custom functions allows me to change the iso, switch from initiating auto focus on the rear button to the shutter button, adjust the exposure compensation and change to AI autofocus.
I've found these custom functions really useful and would miss them now.
Cheers, David

DarkPenguin

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 10:48:42 am »

As for other items, I'm getting a bit worried about this pentamirror thing: I wear glasses, so does anyone wearing them have experience with the 450D's viewfinder?

It is okay.  But the 40D is the first canon camera I've owned since the A2 that has a viewfinder that doesn't have me cleaning my glasses a lot.  (Due to pressing them up against the camera constantly.)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up