Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem printing sheets on Z3100 24"  (Read 1782 times)

Mark Potter

Problem printing sheets on Z3100 24"
« on: July 04, 2008, 01:17:58 am »

I am having trouble printing a 30 x 20 horizontal image on a 24" x 30" sheet of paper.

I have set the file up to print horizontial which has it coming out of the printer on it's side to fit the 30" paper with the unused 4" on the right side of the paper with the image flush left side of paper (top of image).

I printed the file ok without any cautions in any print windows. but at the end of the print it cut of the last inch so my print came out 29" long. The height was fine atl 20"

I have tried setting the page to a 20 x 30 with no margins but it still cuts off the last 3/4 or so. I know I can't print full 30" but should I not be able to print a 30" image with the regular margins of 1/8" at both ends on 30" paper?

these are large prints to be wasting ink and paper like this....please help!

j-land

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 03:40:37 am »

The trailing edge margin is bigger when printing on cut sheets than it is with roll media. The manual gives the margins for sheets as 5mm top, left and bottom, and 17mm on the trailing edge... 17+5=22mm - about the 3/4" you're missing, assuming you're printing a  30" image without scaling. Cut sheets require this extra margin to give the pinch rollers that feed the paper something to hold on to at the end of the print, a restriction that roll media doesn't have. Unless you can use rolls, you'll have to scale the image down to 29 1/8" on the long side to print the whole thing.

Jim

Mark Potter

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 10:39:41 pm »

The trailing edge margin is bigger when printing on cut sheets than it is with roll media. The manual gives the margins for sheets as 5mm top, left and bottom, and 17mm on the trailing edge... 17+5=22mm - about the 3/4" you're missing, assuming you're printing a  30" image without scaling. Cut sheets require this extra margin to give the pinch rollers that feed the paper something to hold on to at the end of the print, a restriction that roll media doesn't have. Unless you can use rolls, you'll have to scale the image down to 29 1/8" on the long side to print the whole thing.

Jim
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205443\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That sounds like my problem! i guess I can't use 24 x 30 sheets for a 20 x 30" print...that sucks.  I at least know what the issue is and can move forward.

Thanks for the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up